Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile has Launched

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

with post phone and now e mobile comming out using clever ways too make the public think there getting better deal,if you look at uk and waht they get from different mobile phone companys and look at same mobile companys here,even if you take in that ireland is more expensive than uk,we still way too expensive over all,these 2 new mobile services are no better,they still try too play the irish public with clever numbers and offers,will never change

All mobile phone companies use the same tricks across the world Free Minutes etc. Looking at o2 price difference they have more choice in the UK and also unlimited texts on all Bill Pay price plans.

An example is lowest level entry

£15 pm unlimited texts and 50mins ~ €17.15 (today)
    €15 pm 50 texts and 50mins

And Unlimited

£60 pm unlimited textes, landlines and mobiles ~ €68.62 (today)
    €29.87 pm unlimted texts to o2, landlines and o2 mobiles

Vodafone's difference between UK and Irish customers seems far great and they also seem to have far more plans in the UK.

PostFone and Tesco are really only Ready to Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

Elmo wrote: »
    All mobile phone companies use the same tricks across the world Free Minutes etc. Looking at o2 price difference they have more choice in the UK and also unlimited texts on all Bill Pay price plans.

An example is lowest level entry

£15 pm unlimited texts and 50mins ~ €17.15 (today)
    €15 pm 50 texts and 50mins

And Unlimited

£60 pm unlimited textes, landlines and mobiles ~ €68.62 (today)
    €29.87 pm unlimted texts to o2, landlines and o2 mobiles

Vodafone's difference between UK and Irish customers seems far great and they also seem to have far more plans in the UK.

PostFone and Tesco are really only Ready to Go.
    one difference,the cost less than ireland
    vodafone is the dearest of the lot,they excuse which i know maybe a good one,is they got the coverage,only good thing about all these new companys offering mobile service,more players ,so maybe in end ,better deals might follow,so they can keep there market share

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

I really liked the sound of the ten euro deal and was going to sign up, even rang up and have a sim out in d post. HOWEVER not liking the idea that if I top up by 10 euro i dont actually have 10 euro credit.
    can anyone tell me has anybody got this little bit clarified? if it is merely a 10 euro fee rather then credit then this a joke.

I seemed to be one of the few people that was in favour of this offer but I have just clarified that this is indeed true which means theres no way i am changing over anymore. Its just ridiculous, they call it a prepay offer and every other mobile company in ireland's deals require you to top up with credit and get your deals on top of that... ridiculous that they come and bring out this deal but are not willing to give you your credit just this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robwhit

I've just ordered my sim for the seven 10 deal. If you just text and call, it seems pretty unbeatable. Is voicemail free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Its just ridiculous, they call it a prepay offer and every other mobile company in ireland's deals require you to top up with credit and get your deals on top of that... ridiculous that they come and bring out this deal but are not willing to give you your credit just this deal.

Indeed. I can't see this phrasing lasting very long. As soon as anyone complains to the advertising authority it should be gone. Clearly emobile is offering no prepay packages. All they have is what should be referred to as a sim-free package with a rolling one-week contract.

Ix.

• Advertisement

only good thing about all these new companys offering mobile service,more players ,so maybe in end ,better deals might follow,so they can keep there market share

But eMobile isn't a new player, they are just providing you with more choice on the Meteor network. If you look at the different tariffs in the UK O2 and Vodafone have nearly 20 options in comparision to maybe 5 in ROI. eMobile and Meteor now give you that type of tariff choice rather than a new entrant into the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

You are correct about your entitlement to know You need to write to them and make a request under the data protection act and they will (or should) supply you with details of your score and how it was calculated.

good point i must ask them about that now and see the reply i get:cool:

FAIR USAGE POLICY

READ BEFORE YOU DECIDE

A Fair usage policy of 200 minutes and 200 texts weekly applies to these offers. According to ComReg's Q1 2010 quarterly report (published June 2010), the average Irish user only uses 227 minutes and 192 texts per month, we're offering 200 minutes and 200 texts per week

DO YOU THINK THIS IS GOOD?
    eg i know people who send 200 text a day;)
    its ok for the calls not for text and data is good i suppose
    the thing is with all networks you get caught out somewhere along the line

Elmo wrote: »
    But eMobile isn't a new player, they are just providing you with more choice on the Meteor network. If you look at the different tariffs in the UK O2 and Vodafone have nearly 20 options in comparision to maybe 5 in ROI. eMobile and Meteor now give you that type of tariff choice rather than a new entrant into the market.
    ok,maybe not new but there posing as new through eircom
    and i made that point earlier ,that uk ,theres more choices and there offers look better

jimmynokia wrote: »
    FAIR USAGE POLICY

READ BEFORE YOU DECIDE

A Fair usage policy of 200 minutes and 200 texts weekly applies to these offers. According to ComReg's Q1 2010 quarterly report (published June 2010), the average Irish user only uses 227 minutes and 192 texts per month, we're offering 200 minutes and 200 texts per week

DO YOU THINK THIS IS GOOD?
    eg i know people who send 200 text a day;)
    its ok for the calls not for text and data is good i suppose
    the thing is with all networks you get caught out somewhere along the line
    very true about which ever network your on,you can get caught out in some way ,with extra charge ,then ,they tell you,try a higher package,been there like alot of others,was looking at unlimited package there once,was working out at 121 euros amonth with vodafone,i think meteor was offering the same for under a 90 euros amonth, i think but coverage for me with meteor wasnt great,so changed back too vodafone,as need good mobile coverage for work

• Advertisement

ok,maybe not new but there posing as new through eircom
    and i made that point earlier ,that uk ,theres more choices and there offers look better

what I find more interesting about the UK is that there is more choice within one company.

And even through Eircom they aren't a new entrant. This is what I mean about anti-competitive behaviour, while a new entrant is good to see we still have to deal with the high prices that current set provide since eMobile are pretty much in a cartel with Meteor.

i agree with you there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

I got sent a link by an eircom employee, sweet offer of a HTC wildfire for free and the 300 min plan for half price, all for a total of 25 euro a month. It continues to be half price for as long as the person stays working in eircom. Cant wait to get my phone next week :D

happypants wrote: »
    I got sent a link by an eircom employee, sweet offer of a HTC wildfire for free and the 300 min plan for half price, all for a total of 25 euro a month. It continues to be half price for as long as the person stays working in eircom. Cant wait to get my phone next week :D

And if they are made redundant?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i bet they apply the deposit to every x amount of customers signing up

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bubbagump

was thinking of switching to emobile however most of my friends are on meteor pay as you go and they top up €20 to get free meteor text deal, can anyone tell me if the meteor top up €20 are emobile text included in this?

yes its included

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bubbagump wrote: »
    was thinking of switching to emobile however most of my friends are on meteor pay as you go and they top up €20 to get free meteor text deal, can anyone tell me if the meteor top up €20 are emobile text included in this?
    yes its included

ive also heard that Meteor customers who have the free Meteor calls and texts can call and text the eMobile network for free.

is this true?
    my friend has also offered me one of his half price slots and im thinking of the 300 plan for 24.50 per month.

im currently meteor bill pay smart lite but alot of my family and friends are meteor so they have the free calls and texts to me.

kceire wrote: »
    ive also heard that Meteor customers who have the free Meteor calls and texts can call and text the eMobile network for free.

is this true?
    my friend has also offered me one of his half price slots and im thinking of the 300 plan for 24.50 per month.

im currently meteor bill pay smart lite but alot of my family and friends are meteor so they have the free calls and texts to me.

no its not true you cant text for free to emobile or call if your on meteor.the same goes for meteor to call or text emobile,ive asked them this myself

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bubbagump

Looks like I'll be staying with Meteor so.. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

at least someone took delivery of it!!
    Condi wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 armadadaze

I suppose the more networks the better the chance of the prices going down but so far i have not seen it!

armadadaze wrote: »
    I suppose the more networks the better the chance of the prices going down but so far i have not seen it!

Why would it? They own one of their competitors.

Is that legal though????

armadadaze wrote: »
    Is that legal though????

What?

Just thinking out loud about competition law and all that..

Emobile technically being meteor and all that.

does the word CARTEL mean anything hmmmm:D
    meteor should of just changed image made better stores
    and get some decent handsets instead of letting emobile have all the good phones
    why split the company its so stupid
    what have they to gain?nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,161 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

what have they to gain?nothing.

I'd guess there's going to be a for sale sign on Meteor in the future, eircom is beyond broke. It has the 5th Riskiest debt levels compared to any company in the world, the markets are saying the chances of a default on it's loans are high. It's fupped to put it mildly.
    They'll gain the market value of Meteor if they sell it and still have a mobile arm (emobile) although eircom say it's not going to be for sale and emobile is just there to target an older market.

If there just trying to target a different market it seem like a heck of a lot of trouble to go to reach new customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement