Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile has Launched

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

I agree with the above, I know someone who recently went to eMobile and thinks its the best thing since sliced bread but reconds meteor is sh1t and coverage is rubbish!

Haven't told him as I wanna see how pans out.

People don't know that meteor actually have put millions into there network since 2007 and data speeds outdo the competitors, they now have 99% population coverage too.

People just go on word of mouth which I hate, as above, threes coverage is quite superior at present too.

Don't post bad network coverage unless you have experienced it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Don't post bad network coverage unless you have experienced it yourself.

I have problems with all 4 networks at home :( But that is just the position of the house. But I have been with Vodafone, o2 and Meteor all seemed the same in terms of coverage when I have had them.
    I agree with the above, I know someone who recently went to eMobile and thinks its the best thing since sliced bread but reconds meteor is sh1t and coverage is rubbish!

I can imagine that alright. :(
    Meteor to a lot of people would be known as a teenager's network and having crap coverage. While it may not be true these days a lot of people will remember negative things.

Well they may need to re-brand that company if they want to sell it in the future or if they plan to keep it. Is this just a slow case of re-branding Meteor to E-mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 AMT

Any one else question all those billboards all over the city?

Seem to say If you're white, irish and gen X....you'll love us!

A little diversity wouldn't kill them, it's that kind of amateur stuff that the other know better than to do plus the fact that there's no way a company that is debt laden with next to no equity can outspend O2 and VF...that makes me question will it last

I'd like to see Virgin come in and challenge the O2/VF market as well the home broadband and TV markets

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭konline

I called their customer service and placed an order for a bill pay phone on 7th. I sent all the docs onthe same day. I still haven't received any order number or any email regarding my order. I think their customer service is very poor and not quick to respond, it's just my opinion. I know other mobile providers would deliver any order in a day or two. What do you guys think?
    Anyone else placed an order with emobile over phone and received it in a couple of days?
    Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I am thinking of moving from O2 to Emobile since Im finding O2 too expensive. Im a billpay customer that mainly uses texts, prob around 300 a month and maybe makes 200 mins of calls in a month. Im an Eircom user too so should get the fiver off discount. You get a free phone as well though there are a number of phones available. Would anyone recommend which phone is the best - I wouldnt be using the net at all on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

is there a name change comming ,lets say meteor too change too e.mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

I'm looking for a very light plan in terms of calls/texts, and a decent amount of data (0.5 to 1.0 GB), so the eMobile "100 calls/texts" option with 1GB of data looks good for me at €30/month. What's the catch? :-)

Next best option for me is Vodafone (my current operator) at €35 a month, which includes no minutes/texts (but free Vodafone to Vodafone) and only 0.5GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

mambo wrote: »
    I'm looking for a very light plan in terms of calls/texts, and a decent amount of data (0.5 to 1.0 GB), so the eMobile "100 calls/texts" option with 1GB of data looks good for me at €30/month. What's the catch? :-)

Next best option for me is Vodafone (my current operator) at €35 a month, which includes no minutes/texts (but free Vodafone to Vodafone) and only 0.5GB.

Have you considered threepay? 20euro gives you unlimited texts to any network and unlimited calls and you can use your credit to buy 500mb data bundles for 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Look at 3 best of both 25 with the 1gb add on. For €35 you'll get 200 mins to any network, unlimited texts to any network, unlimited 3 to 3 calls and 1gb of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Have you considered threepay? 20euro gives you unlimited texts to any network and unlimited calls and you can use your credit to buy 500mb data bundles for 5 euro.

Thanks, but I prefer bill pay, and also will be looking for a subsidised smartphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

That isn't correct.

Have you considered threepay? 20euro gives you unlimited texts to any network and unlimited WEEKEND calls and you can use your credit to buy 500mb data bundles for 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 murraybob

konline wrote: »
    I called their customer service and placed an order for a bill pay phone on 7th. I sent all the docs onthe same day. I still haven't received any order number or any email regarding my order. I think their customer service is very poor and not quick to respond, it's just my opinion. I know other mobile providers would deliver any order in a day or two. What do you guys think?
    Anyone else placed an order with emobile over phone and received it in a couple of days?
    Thx.
    i ordered a phone from their website on the 10th of october and still have not heard from them' sent two emails(no reply) and wasted twenty minutes on the phone being fobbed off. terrible service

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

guil wrote: »
    i bet they apply the deposit to every x amount of customers signing up

I agree, the backstards charged me 100 but none of my friends. I also have good credit so no issues there. After a mini rant the girl in customer care told me the same happened to her dad and not herself or her sister. Also to top it off the deposit is put back on as "credit" on my 7th bill. And if you want to roam you need to pay a further 60 euro to "unblock" it, Ive been duped. When I have some time I will be writing a strongly worded email to them. Hopefully they'll unblock the phone so I can use the phone abroad. Fupheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AppleDigital

What a ripp off!

Joined eMobile with the 7 Day plan and found out that when you top up by the €10 per week they take it straight away so your left with a couple of cents.

YOU CANT RING 1850 NUMBERS AND IT ASKS YOU TO TOP UP ANOTHER 10 FOR TO RING IT.....

AGGGHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Must say I've had a diffference customer experience when I was on to them. Don't know if they are Meteor staff or not but they seem to know their stuff alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I went from O2 with my iPhone, availed of one of the staff offers so 300 texts and minutes so halved my monthly bill to €24. Only reason I really went with them. 2Gb data usuage is ok too. Previoulsy was on O2, 100 minutes and 150 texts, but because most of family and friends are on O2 I hardly ever used any minutes. I also had an unlimited data plan. Overall the O2 deal was sweet, but getting something similar for half the price was too tempting. I had awful trouble getting sorted with them until I contacted them on twitter. Sorted within the hour, got the phone 2 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

What a ripp off!

Joined eMobile with the 7 Day plan and found out that when you top up by the €10 per week they take it straight away so your left with a couple of cents.

YOU CANT RING 1850 NUMBERS AND IT ASKS YOU TO TOP UP ANOTHER 10 FOR TO RING IT.....

AGGGHHH

You're getting 200 mins and 200 texts to use to ANY network ANY time - €10 is hardly a bad price to pay when you pay the following on other networks...

Vodafone - €49 per month for 200 mins and 200 texts
    O2 - €20 per month for 100 mins and 100 texts
    Both of which are on bill pay options.. with eMobile you are getting 800 mins 800 texts for €40 per month.. no 12 month contract, no catches..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Ya but you gotta top up again if you want Internet, pic messages, international calls, prem numbers.....and who would use 200 minutes in a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Will my Meteor sim work in an eMobile phone without getting it unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

no think i mentioned this before

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    no think i mentioned this before

Strange because I asked this question when buying a PostFone sim and yet it work in the Vodafone phone!

Elmo wrote: »
    Strange because I asked this question when buying a PostFone sim and yet it work in the Vodafone phone!

well the phone must of been unlocked or a billpay which in some cases come unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Picked one of these up for 20 quid today, traded in an old 5800 against it and got 80e off, happy days :D Kept the 8GB card too, running flawlessly and have gotten lots of apps/music on it too. Great value for money (even if I didn't pay the 100e but it definately still would've been) works wonders!

well the phone must of been unlocked or a billpay which in some cases come unlocked

No, tried a Meteor SIM in the phone and it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Apologies if this question answered already but will a emobile sim work in a Meteor phone?

Apologies if this question answered already but will a emobile sim work in a Meteor phone?

It might. I had a vodafone phone and was told to get it unlocked but didn't need to for a postfone sim, however no other sims worked in the vodafone phone. So this could be the case with eMobile. Best test it out by getting a free eMobile sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drenbot1986

i rang these today for pig iron sake
    they say a meteor sim will not work in there phones and they said they have nothing to do with meteor i actually laughed :D

That's funny i am with e mobile now about 3 weeks and have had to ring them about 5 times and out of them 5 times calling them 3 times at the end of the call they say "Thanks for ringing meteor".

There customer care is just as bad as meteor its a shambles and i would wait
    a wile till they sort that out before you go near meteor or e mobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Keishatipp

Does a meteor top up voucher work on an emobile phone?, Or has it it's own top up voucher?.

no this wont work buddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭rothai

happypants wrote: »
    I got sent a link by an eircom employee, sweet offer of a HTC wildfire for free and the 300 min plan for half price, all for a total of 25 euro a month. It continues to be half price for as long as the person stays working in eircom. Cant wait to get my phone next week :D

I heard some customers with a good cerdit rating get this offer too. Unfortunatly i neither know a staff member or a eircom customer so i dont have a code. Does anyone have a code they are not going to use?

Advertisement