Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile has Launched

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Guys a question I'm thinking if getting the emobile sim card of €14. I'm think of doing this for the next 12 months it will Dave me the hassle if paying a deposits.
    I just want to know if the €14 will be in my mobile balance as in can I use part if it to go on the Internet.

Thanks.

The €14 gives you 100 mins and 100 texts to any network any time. Free landline calls any time and no data.

The credit vetting process is the same regardless of whether you go sim only or take a 12 month contract. Sim only plans just mean that it's a 30 day rolling contract and you're not taking a mobile phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Thanks for the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Hmmm. Is this fairly regular with them looking for deposits?

I was going to sign up tomorrow, but as they don't even have a shop near me that will do billpay, I have to visit one of the shops in Dublin, and tbh, if I go up and go through all of that rubbish and they turn around and ask me for a deposit, somebody will be going through the shop window!!

Lol.

For bill pay they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Lol.

For bill pay they do.

i got 5 phones on bill pay, no deposit on ANY of them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I saw that comment earlier alright
    I wouldn't even mind so much if I could buy locally, but I have to go to Dublin just to get it!
    I dunno....I have no credit issues and have had more phone contracts over the years than most people would ever go through, but it seems others here have also been in the same situation and it's putting me off using them now. :(

i got 5 phones on bill pay, no deposit on ANY of them :)

I'm a student and this would be my first bill pay option so I'm guessing I would need one.

What on earth ate you doing with 5 phones.

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

I'm a student and this would be my first bill pay option so I'm guessing I would need one.

What on earth ate you doing with 5 phones.

Lol.

;)

Oh i see. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Mr. Bean.

I have to say that theres nothing unreasonable with their 7/10 plan:

I understand that data allowances are not included in this package but I for one rarely use data anyway.

€40 a month, entitles you to 800 minutes & 800 texts. It's very simple, what you see is what you get.

Top up by 10 quid, it's automatically deducted from the account, leaving you with €0. however, Despite having no credit in terms of money, you do have credit in terms of talk & text, namely; 200 in both.

So in essence what'll happen with this plan: top up by €10, It will be deducted but replaced with 200 mins & texts.

It's grand for the likes of me and to be honest there's not really better deal (for me) out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭El Gato

Just a quick Q regarding the Select 100 plan....

100 minutes
    100 texts
    Unlimited landline
    Free Customer Care
    Free Voicemail

Does the 100 minutes in the plan include calls to other eMobile customers or does one also get free eMobile to eMobile calls aswell?

There is no reference to 'home network' calls. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

El Gato wrote: »
    Just a quick Q regarding the Select 100 plan....

100 minutes
    100 texts
    Unlimited landline
    Free Customer Care
    Free Voicemail

Does the 100 minutes in the plan include calls to other eMobile customers or does one also get free eMobile to eMobile calls aswell?

There is no reference to 'home network' calls. :confused:

All your calls to mobiles on all networks come out of your 100 mins. There are no free calls to eMobile at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

kaos1979 wrote: »
    if a customer is asked for a deposit, it is normally because they have not got a credit history or even a good credit history. This is common practice thoughout all credit vetted applications, and emobile is not any different to any other network. And besides you get all of your deposit back in a credit after a short time :)

I wouldn't consider 6 months to be a short time tbh. And their credit check system is as accurate as a blind man chasing ducks. They use a system called Galileo, created in the USA. I don't know how it works, but I can honestly say that I have a good credit rating, as I have always paid bills and loans on time. I have had a bill pay mobile since I was 18 (10 years) and despite working for meteor, selling bill pay phones in 2006, they still requested a 300 euro deposit for 2 phones I ordered on bill for myself. 1 for work and one for personal, both on a €50 plan and Eircom paid us€150 for our telecomms bills anyway each month.

I have seen Doctors and Solicitors being asked for huge deposits and unemployed people get the phones no problem. Their system sucks. Meteor and Eircom are one in the same and they use the same system.

I was just asked for a 300 euro deposit for E-Mobile, even though I was recommended for a friendly package, giving me the unlimited plan for €34.50 per month on an 18 month contract. The iphone 64gb cost 349 instead of 99 though. I am currently a meteor bill pay customer, buying out my last month and they still want 300 deposit. it sickens me to the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

so much for that block on e-mobile on the adds who wants to make everything free.... guess not!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

bd250110 wrote: »
    It is probably extremely difficult, if not impossible, to reverse/override the decision of the credit check, for obvious reasons.

What are the obvious reasons? I have had deposits reversed on 3 separate occasions with Meteor. Twice when I worked for Eircom/Meteor and once last year when they tried to slap on a €60 roaming deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Not sure if this is the right place to post but does anyone find the emobile internet coverage absolutely terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

closeline wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but does anyone find the emobile internet coverage absolutely terrible?

I would've said i've found it..........adequate. But after several years on Vodafone, they were never super either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's ok in Dublin.. not so much outside it!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Be Very Wary of switching to emobile. I have been tricked by their offer. It is not all it seems and they will not tell you the truth.

Hitbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Would you care to expand on your comment? :confused:
    hitbit wrote: »
    Be Very Wary of switching to emobile. I have been tricked by their offer. It is not all it seems and they will not tell you the truth.

Hitbit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Are E-mobile an MVNO?

Yup, I believe so. MVNO on the Meteor network, both owned by Eircom.
    Elmo wrote: »
    Are E-mobile an MVNO?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

dont think your alone, there seems to be loads on unhappy customers on their own forum too.... to do with offers of free phones that dont turn out to be free etc..
    so def for anyone thinkin of movin to emobile, move with care and et written confirmation to what sales staff are telling you....

To share the other side, which you rarely seem to read on any of the talk to forums...

Very happy eMobile customer here. Got the half price deal and a great price on a phone.
    Each bill has been exactly what I expected.

Voice service all around Dublin has been great.
    Data speeds are MUCH better than 3Ireland (travel around Dublin). Typically can get 5-6 mb no problem. I've not had any problem tethering.

Voice + Data roaming has worked in each country I've been in without any problems.
    Just noticed this evening that they also offer a data roaming add-on for the EU and US. Although I'll be querying why it's 50mb in EU vs 200mb in US for the same price. Would have presumed it would have been cheaper to roam in the EU.

And finally, Tony on the talk to eircom forum has been great in getting back to me with answers/help with any queries I've had.

So far so good... no one better jinx it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Samson1

Just noticed this evening that they also offer a data roaming add-on for the EU and US. .......it's 50mb in EU vs 200mb in US

You seem to be on Bill-Pay also?

I can't seem to find this Add-on offer when logged in?? (It seems to be similar to the Meteor EU Roaming add-on - €19.99 for 50 mb??). Would be great if you could direct me to it.

By the way, I agree on everything you said about Emobile - its an excellent service.

Yea, should have mentioned I was on Bill Pay.

eMobile add-on page can be found here.

Click on Data add-ons and it's listed under "Travelling abroad".

"You can also buy an add-on by:
    Going in-store, Calling Customer Care on 1800 690 000"
    Samson1 wrote: »
    You seem to be on Bill-Pay also?

I can't seem to find this Add-on offer when logged in?? (It seems to be similar to the Meteor EU Roaming add-on - €19.99 for 50 mb??). Would be great if you could direct me to it.

By the way, I agree on everything you said about Emobile - its an excellent service.

To update. All difficulties were eventually sorted out by eMobile and all is well. Excellent price and have never suffered any network issues. Their customer services are very helpful and good when they can work by a somewhat confusing and muddled set of "rules" given them by their superiors Eircom. eMobile is good but could be great if Eircom act to tidy up the confusion so that their customer services can respond and act immediately a customer needs assistance.

Hitbit

Update. Got a nice call out of the blue from eMobile customer services last week the purpose of which was to ask if I was happy with their services, had any problems and if they could help me in any way. Provided a name I could call should I need any assistance in the future. Appreciate this 10 out of 10 eMobile.

Hitbit

Advertisement