Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to pay your car insurance in a lump sum annually?

Options
  • 29-09-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm with 123.ie and my insurance is about 700. Can this be broken down over the year with any insurance company?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

All depends on the company or broker. Some allow it, some don't. It will be subject to a credit agreement, which essentially makes it a loan. Quinn Direct offer payment plans anyway, not sure about others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Quinn allow it, but at a fairly hefty interest rate. You might be paying less in interest in the long run if you take out a bank or credit union loan instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

some allow it, some don't
    Aviva do it over 10 months but it costs 7% of premium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I've been insured through AIB (underwritten by hibernian) and travellers insurance (through 123.ie). With both companies, paying monthly (though with travellers I have to pay 25% up front) worked out exactly the same, or as close could be when paying monthly (since you can't pay 0.1 cent), as paying as a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Most insurance companies will allow this, there is a slight fee for the convience but I've never noticed a big difference and for the convenience of paying monthly its worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Quinn do it alright over ten payments plus a sizeable lump sum deposit up front of about €110

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭eagle_i

123.ie, like most (if not all) insurance comanies/broker allow spread payment over a 10/12 month period. Go to 123's FAQ's and scroll down to 'How can I pay my premium?' and there is the answer to your question.

Spreading your payment is a financing arrangment, interest will be charged and can vary from one company to another.

Advertisement