Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of tummy tuck?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

TBH I dunno where on the site this would fit, but maybe leave it for the moment. But as per usual folks, no medical advice.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

Try google Aruba, a simple search would get you Harley St clinic (in Dublin aswell) and a few other places around the country. I'd say you'd have to ring them to get the prices though.

Why would you want a tummy tuck though? Its a recidulously expensive and drastic way of shedding some fat! Just start eating healthily and exercise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Can I ask why you're looking for a tummy tuck? Have you lost weight and have excess/stretched skin/flab or are you looking at a quick fix for weight loss?

Would you consider changing your lifestyle as opposed to going the surgical route?

I'm not sure what the cost would be, whatever it is, it won't be worth it if you're not getting to the root of the problem, which can be gotten to with a combination of diet, exercise and lifestyle alterations which will yield not only physical benefit, but also great mental benefit too.

There's plenty of people in the Fitness Forum who can offer you advice. I have my own ways of doing things with consumption of very little animal produce and still satisfying my sweet tooth with things like raw, organic, vegan chocolate :D but this may not be suitable for you and I'm not sure if anyone on this site could advise on such things but I do know there's a lot of experienced, knowledgeable people who follow other plans which WILL yield great results and WILL help you with no expectation of reward other than to know they helped you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd agree with the exercise diet thing, but with some people even if they lose the weight, especially if its a large amount, their skin doesnt bounce back and they're left with excess skin. Ditto with some women who've given birth.

Like any of this cosmetic medicine, it would be down to the individual in how much it may affect their daily lives and their self image*. If it does and the options are there I don't see why not TBH. So long as it doesnt get addictive, but I'd say those cases are rare enough and more the tabloid exception. For cost reasons if nothing else.

*I knew a guy who was very conscious of his "sticky out" ears. To the degree it damn near obsessed him. One operation later and he's a much happier camper.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

did all the "googling" but nothing disclosed without consultation. What I was looking for was a general ball park figure from someone who has been through one or in contact with someone who has

I am not just fat.....if even fat at all. My clothes size is a 10 but I have had 3 children and my stomach muscles are severely damaged since number 3 who was a 9 pounder (I am just over 5'). I had an emergency c-section. Possibly TMI but the area hangs. It is so damaged.

I have over a year of intense abdominal exercises behind me. I work out 4-5 times a week and eat healthily. Obliques are rock hard but to my dismay front muscles above belly button are still separated. The only thing that repairs such damage is a full tummy tuck.

• Advertisement

In that case I'd head over to the fitness forum and see if they can offer any immediate advice, it could just be a case of changing your routine a small bit. I'm not going to promote it as I'm not fully informed of it myself but I've heard a lot of talk that a raw food diet sorts issues like this out quite easily. Again, I don't know enough about it but have looked into it somewhat and have seen some great results with regards weight loss and tightening skin so would give it the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

cormie wrote: »
    In that case I'd head over to the fitness forum and see if they can offer any immediate advice, it could just be a case of changing your routine a small bit. I'm not going to promote it as I'm not fully informed of it myself but I've heard a lot of talk that a raw food diet sorts issues like this out quite easily. Again, I don't know enough about it but have looked into it somewhat and have seen some great results with regards weight loss and tightening skin so would give it the benefit of the doubt.
    cheers...will do!!

I will try anything at this stage! Fitter than I have ever been and very rarely sick which is great but the gut...uuuuuuurgh!:rolleyes:

thanks again

Best of luck with it, I don't think a tummy tuck would "repair" the damage, more just hide it? I reckon the results can be achieved with a combination of diet, exercise and lifestyle. That's just a guess but I'd say it's possible :) That's great about the fitness level anyway, seems you have the dedication so it could just be a case of altering a few things and hopefully you'll be sorted in no time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

You're not going to get an accurate estimate online because the price of surgery varies so much based on location and not every tummy tuck is going to be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I can understand why you might be considering a tummy tuck after kids, I'd say it's damn frustrating knowing you're eating healthily but still not being able to repair the damage done. But at the same time, Cormie is right, you should try and look at other options first as it's quite a serious procedure. I'm not being patronising - I'm sure you've looked into all the pros and cons, but with regards to exercise there are a few other things you could maybe try first. Transform who posts in the fitness forum works with alot of female clients post pregnancy, it might be worth having a few sessions with him to see if it makes any difference, it'd be a fair bit cheaper than surgery anyhow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Audie

Everyone's giving great, and very sensible advice here. But if you've been trying everything around for years now and are sick of it, I wouldn't judge you for considering surgery. If it ends up that you're totally happy with the results and it makes your life better then what harm!

Just make sure, if you do choose to look in to surgery, that you get it done with a reputable clinic. Try and get in touch with people who've had the same procedure in the same place. It is major surgery, and so comes with risks as does all surgery. You'll have to weigh up the pros and cons yourself, but best of luck whatever you decide :)

PLus IIRC with certain women's outcome with c sections, the muscles have been cut apart as part of the procedure but don't heal back together, so no matter how much diet and exercise involved they can't go back? Maybe medical types could chime in here? In that case its not really just a cosmetic thing, but a functional thing too?

yes if your muscles are seperated they will not go back together without intervention this is called muscle repair and it will restore them back to pre pregnancy status .

i personally would avoid plastic surgery clinics and go to a board certified plastic surgeon in ireland .

the procedure is fairly straightforward but the recovery can be tough and if there are any complications pre surgery you would want your surgeon to be close by and available to help and rectify the situation .

pm me if you want any more info and good luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭analbeads

i have been looking into having one aswell and i know that cosmedico is around €7000 and clain clinic is €7500-€8000.
    id recommend you look up the site <snip> its great for advise

Mod Edit: that site has nothing to with cosmetic surgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elc90

Hi there
    I have lost about 4 stone and i have excessive loose skin on my stomach. No kids but plan to in the future. I get really down about it as no matter how much exercise I do nothing will change it. Surgery is the only option as my muscles are so damaged. I went for a consultation in Galway about 3 years ago but at the time decided not to go ahead with it as I didnt feel like I had enough confidence in the surgeons. I am now considering it again but I really want to find teh best surgeon out there. If anyone has had one done I would love to hear from them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I enquired about it before, it was around 6,000eu.

Money well spent if you ask me, you only get one body and if it isn't the way you want it then why not go for surgery to get it the way you want. I would be very worried about any infection though, you hear all the horror stories and that would be my only hang-up about it.

I had my son 4 years ago and was left with alot of excess skin, even when I dieted it was still there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement