Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 11: Career Mode!

Options
  • 29-09-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭

Anyone else started one yet? I've started one with Arsenal as manager only and I'm enjoying it so far :).

Sent a good few young players out on season/3 month loans :).
    Sold Fabianski to Burnley for 5.5m.
    Bought Lloris for 32m.
    Placed Rosicky, Diaby Eboue and Murphy on the transfer list but didn't get an offer for them :(.

Won every match so far except an away draw to Stoke :eek:.
    K.Jones scored a cracking headed in the last 2 minutes :(:p.

Leauge table is so far realistic, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs and Villa around me whilst West Ham, Newcastle and Blackpool are in the relegation zone.

As for injuries I've only got one so far which was Diaby been out for 18 days.

Anyone else got any stories yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jv2000

Looking forward to playing this, hopefully it is even better than last years version.

But until friday I'm going to enjoy my career as a F1 driver... thank you F1 2010 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Btw, If anyone wants to know player overalls/team overalls I'd be happy to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Btw, If anyone wants to know player overalls/team overalls I'd be happy to help.

Whats Cicharito's finishing, heading and speed like?

And i heard in the player growth section that you can see who has the best potential or something? What Man Utd players have that?

And most importantly, are you enjoying career mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 fumancu

hi even do im a liverpool fan i would really appricate any info you could get me about starting a carrer mode with west brom

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Whats Cicharito's finishing, heading and speed like?

And i heard in the player growth section that you can see who has the best potential or something? What Man Utd players have that?

And most importantly, are you enjoying career mode?

Chickatee - Finishing - 83
    Heading - 79
    Sprint speed - 85.

Yep you can see who has the most potential, only in manager mode though.
    I'll try telling you which players in a while as it's an effort starting a manager mode with United :P.

Overall the career mode is deadly :) Much more realistic, score flash in the middle of games etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Chickatee - Finishing - 83
    Heading - 79
    Sprint speed - 85.

Yep you can see who has the most potential, only in manager mode though.
    I'll try telling you which players in a while as it's an effort starting a manager mode with United :P.

Overall the career mode is deadly :) Much more realistic, score flash in the middle of games etc.

I was just editing my post there to say don't bother starting a career mode if you have to.

Thanks, can't wait for the game now :D

chickatee who is he where does he play is he young

fumancu wrote: »
    hi even do im a liverpool fan i would really appricate any info you could get me about starting a carrer mode with west brom

West Brom:
    Transfer Balance - £7,600,000
    Remaining Wage Budget - £75,100.

chickatee who is he where does he play is he young
    :pac::pac:

cheers thanks i honestly dont know that guy

• Advertisement

Cicharito's ok my bad sorry

only do this if it easy to find out but wats obemwingle ovralland gonzales zara cheers hope you dont mind

only do this if it easy to find out but wats obemwingle ovralland gonzales zara cheers hope you dont mind

West Brom:
    Odemwingle 74
    G. Jare - 66

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Redzer did you HAVE to bring your Virtual Pro with you? I started a Man United career mode as a manager and I have myself sitting in the squad and I dont really want to be there.

As it the stands the league is like this after 9 games
    Arsenal 25pts
    Villa 24pts
    Chelsea 22pts
    Liverpool 17pts
    Man City 17pts

Liverpool have a game in hand over the top 5.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Redzer did you HAVE to bring your Virtual Pro with you? I started a Man United career mode as a manager and I have myself sitting in the squad and I dont really want to be there.

Actually I never even noticed there was an option as I wanted him in the team anyways, I think you can sell him?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Kind of odd that he HAS to be in there. I dont want a fictional player in my career mode at the start.

Kind of odd that he HAS to be in there. I dont want a fictional player in my career mode at the start.

Yeah it defo should be an option alright, may a foreign team will buy him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

What's portsmouth's start off budget?
    oh and Liverpool's and city's? cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

Started my career as a striker for Accrington stanley. Played a few games, haven't managed to score yet, still enjoying it though. I like the accomplisments method for increasing your stats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

You need to build him up for clubs though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

As it the stands the league is like this after 9 games
    Arsenal 25pts
    Villa 24pts
    Chelsea 22pts
    Liverpool 17pts
    Man City 17pts

Liverpool have a game in hand over the top 5.

As a Liverpool Fan i'd kill for that many points in Reality.How many Liverpool players have the right faces is it the same as last year.Oh & have any late transfers not made it like Robinho to Milan,Mash to Barca & Merieles to L'pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

Could anyone here who got the game in Dublin please tell me who sold it to them?

GTR63 wrote: »
    As a Liverpool Fan i'd kill for that many points in Reality.How many Liverpool players have the right faces is it the same as last year.Oh & have any late transfers not made it like Robinho to Milan,Mash to Barca & Merieles to L'pool.

Alot of liverpool players have the right players and all of them transfers have been made :) If I come across any who haven't I'll post it here ;).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

You don't want to play for Man Utd :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

johnb03 wrote: »
    Could anyone here who got the game in Dublin please tell me who sold it to them?

The most subtle under cover agent ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Redzer do you mind telling me how many stars west ham are and what robert greens overall is?

Thanks.

Redzer do you mind telling me how many stars west ham are and what robert greens overall is?

Thanks.

West Ham - 4 stars
    Attack - 74
    Midfield - 74
    Defence - 73

Robert Green - 78

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Any chance of telling me how Shamrock Rovers are rated? What star level and best players rating etc!?

• Advertisement

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Any chance of telling me how Shamrock Rovers are rated? What star level and best players rating etc!?

1 star

Best Player CB - D.Murray - 63
    Worst Player ST - D.McGuines - 48

GK - Mannus - 61
    RB - Flynn - 55
    CB - Murray - 63
    CB - Sives - 59
    LB - Murphy - 60
    RM - Kavanagh - 60
    CM - Chambers - 59
    CM - Turner - 59
    LM - Dennehy - 61