Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 11: Career Mode!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to resize that picture? lol..

Right Click> View image

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    What do you have to do to get in the team of the week? I scored 5 goals against Norwich for Ipswich (on world class btw) and finished with a 9.7 rating, I didnt get in the team of the week but my teammate Grant Leadbittter did and he got a 7.9 rating!!

Officially hate you now! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Started a career with Bilbao last night, Fernando Llorente's an animal and Javi Martinez is good as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Playing as aston villa in career mode,its the middle of november and I have won most of my games (drew 2) just after beating bolton 2-0 and I get a message from the board saying my job is under review......wtf like!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Playing as aston villa in career mode,its the middle of november and I have won most of my games (drew 2) just after beating bolton 2-0 and I get a message from the board saying my job is under review......wtf like!
    Yeah you get two reviews each season, it'll only be a good report don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I started only as player for Liverpool in the most heroic position of CDM :D In the team for the 1st game of the season against United, drew 0-0 (Goals are few and far between in my games tbh) don't think I am playing World Class, think I am Pro or the step below WC.

But reckon I will have to step up a bit, its far too easy to dominate the game (From CM anyway) I have played 5 or so games (Including friendlies) and have been MOTM every game. Only scored 1 goal though. Hit the post in the 91st minute against United though, that hurt a little. Is everyone else getting MOTM every game then? Maybe not on World Class.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah you get two reviews each season, it'll only be a good report don't worry.

Oh thank god for that,I remember being in a similiar position in fifa 10 top of the league,won all my games and got fired :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Anybody know if you can get picked for your international team if you do well at your club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Playing two career modes, one as a forward for Shamrock Rovers. Scored three in three friendly games so far.
    And the other as manager of AC Milan.

Anyone know if Irish clubs can get into the european cup in career mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anyone else having weird glitches with the growth report on your platers?

Song and Sagna play nearly every game for me and have gotten -3 and -1 in the growth report respectively whereas Ramsey and Wilshere who get loads of game time have only gone up 1 and 0? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

In Career Mode, playing as Manager, I was managing Celtic.

Anyway, I checked the calendar and there was one game left, it was matchday 33, I played the match, and at the end Andy Gray said something about it being the last game of the season, I was 4 points ahead of Rangers (I had 82, they had 78 but there was no trophy celebration.

Then, when I got back to the menu, I click on ADVANCE, and suddenly there was another 5 games to be played in the league. I played them all, and should have gained around 10 points, but the league table didnt change at all, the Games Played column even stayed the same.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

emmetmcl wrote: »

Then, when I got back to the menu, I click on ADVANCE, and suddenly there was another 5 games to be played in the league. I played them all, and should have gained around 10 points, but the league table didnt change at all, the Games Played column even stayed the same.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Sounds like a bug,I noiticed that in the last two fifa games,ffs you'd think they'd iron them out before release,I love how if you dont win you fa cup tie it goes to a replay,very realistic :).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Ridiculous league for me . . Playing as United, after 20 games, Chelsea have won 18 and drawn 2. They arent dropping any points. . Makes the game poor as I dont mind drawing or losing games, but now if I do the league is pretty much over . .

Not just that , not crazy about the new tackling system . . . Coupled with "cabbage mode" when your team falls to bits, it makes it ridiculous . .

BTW, I think thats the way the scottish league is setup. After 34 games, they split into a top 6 and bottom six and play each other once. . Will be correct, but dont think its a bug . .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone having a problem with freezing? When I score the game freezes for 4-5 seconds and then plays on with the celebration.
    I have a custom soundtrack assigned to my goals so I'm thinking maybe thats it. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

The fatigue in Career Mode with your own created player is absolutely shocking. You're just knackered after no time at all. Really taking the fun out of it, to a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The fatigue in Career Mode with your own created player is absolutely shocking. You're just knackered after no time at all. Really taking the fun out of it, to a degree.

If you've just started with your created player then his stamina probably isnt gonna be too great, it will get better over time when you unlock accomplishments etc. (might depend on what position you have him at as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Drumpot wrote: »
    Ridiculous league for me . . Playing as United, after 20 games, Chelsea have won 18 and drawn 2. They arent dropping any points. . Makes the game poor as I dont mind drawing or losing games, but now if I do the league is pretty much over . .

Not just that , not crazy about the new tackling system . . . Coupled with "cabbage mode" when your team falls to bits, it makes it ridiculous . .

BTW, I think thats the way the scottish league is setup. After 34 games, they split into a top 6 and bottom six and play each other once. . Will be correct, but dont think its a bug . .

Yeah, the league splits after 33 games, my complaint is that the table doesnt change at all, with no points bein gained for any team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭decnug

I just finished my first season with utd. It was very tight at the top in the last few weeks, Utd,city,chelsea and liverpool all were 1st place at one time coming up to the end. Utd won the treble. But then wouldn't renew my contract:mad:
    I've joined some mid-table turkish team now!

Right got bored of my Arsenal save after two seasons of winning nearly everything :p, starting a new one with the Super Saints now :).
    Anyone know if you can get them into Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

do people generally control just their player in career mode or the whole team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm controlling just my own player at the moment. Makes it a bit more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Had to laugh at the "Financial update". Chelsea board has granted you 12,000 in additional transfer funds..Wow...thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Soby wrote: »
    Had to laugh at the "Financial update". Chelsea board has granted you 12,000 in additional transfer funds..Wow...thanks :)

Haha same. "You have been granted and extra 8k in transfer funds."

Cheers lads, could I get my pocket money early this week too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Started two careers - a player one (Galway Utd.) and a player-manager one (Gillingham). Think I'm only going to do the player-manager one though.

Player career is bothersome at times - was straight into starting 11 and no matter what my stamina was, they wouldn't rest me or sub me (finished several games with no energy bar). Did get one game off but then the message after ("ok to play?") makes it sound like it is laziness rather than being exhausted!

Also, seem to get the dregs of the AI gene pool in a 'Player' career team. As a midfielder, I'm the top scorer and the only reason we have points after 4 games. Scored 2 in one game to get a draw and a last minute equaliser in another.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Started up a manager career with Spurs played the pre-season games just to get into the swing of things and Van der Vaart was my stand out player in a 4-5-1-1 formation behind my striker. Then 1st game of the season he gets injured after sixty minutes and is out for 47 days!

Stuck Krancjar in there and hes my top scorer now hard to see where I'm going to fit Van der Vaart back in.

Also sold Woodgate for to Parma for €13 million!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

How come if you edit a player (give him gloves, Adidas boots, long sleeves, etc) then enter career mode the player reverts back to the default player settings? No other FIFA for as long as I can remember did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Raekwon wrote: »
    How come if you edit a player (give him gloves, Adidas boots, long sleeves, etc) then enter career mode the player reverts back to the default player settings? No other FIFA for as long as I can remember did that.

Havent had that...Sure you saved your editing? :P

Played a few matches last night with Pats on world class and I'm loving this career :).

Played Lazio in my first game and won 1 nil :), was delighted :P.

Sold a few, found it hard to get decent players on loan so I wen't and signed Grant from League 2 and he's now my best rated player :)..
    My first 11 at the moment is this.

GK - Rogers
    RB - Lynch
    CB - Kenna
    CB - Guthrie
    LB - Bermingham
    RM - Guy
    CM - O Brien
    CM - Mulcahy
    LM - Grant
    ST - Fahaerty
    ST - Byrne

Pretty solid team :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

How long does it take before your created players show up in you career mode squad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Played a few matches last night with Pats on world class and I'm loving this career :).

Played Lazio in my first game and won 1 nil :), was delighted :P.

Sold a few, found it hard to get decent players on loan so I wen't and signed Grant from League 2 and he's now my best rated player :)..
    My first 11 at the moment is this.

GK - Rogers
    RB - Lynch
    CB - Kenna
    CB - Guthrie
    LB - Bermingham
    RM - Guy
    CM - O Brien
    CM - Mulcahy
    LM - Grant
    ST - Fahaerty
    ST - Byrne