Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 11: Career Mode!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Stated my career with Man Utd, loving the game so far. Much harder to break down the defence this year. I find crossing is much improved, i've scored alot from headers and low crosses into the box as well as using one two passing to get passed defenders and play in the early ball. Love the new personality system, the way Chicorito finds himself in good positions alot and makes runs, Berbatovs slick back heels and ability to find a goal anywhere in the box, Giggs great crossing!...Haven't bought many players just brought in Neymar from Santos, good player but gets knocked off the ball alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

veXual wrote: »
    Started up a manager career with Spurs played the pre-season games just to get into the swing of things and Van der Vaart was my stand out player in a 4-5-1-1 formation behind my striker. Then 1st game of the season he gets injured after sixty minutes and is out for 47 days

Sweeper-Keeper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just started the Career nearly finished my pre season games.Can't seem to find Staff Upgrades to help improve fitness.Do you have to rotate the squad more than last years.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

the career mode is much better usual, but theres some bugs

I bought John Obi Mikel for my Sunderland team, his overall rating before I bought him was 82, I put him in my team and his overall went down to 77 :confused: I'm playing him as a defensive midfielder which is his best position so I don't know whats up with that (even though 77 might be a more realitic rating for him :pac:)

plus the player growth/assistant manager advice is a mess, I started Romen Lukaku in every game, dropped him once and then recieved a message saying I should be playing him more :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

I've had a skim through the thread and didn't see anything similar to this.

I think I've encountered a Career Mode-breaking bug!

Im nearing the end of my first season with my Virtual Pro and I get an e-mail saying Im being left out of the next match cause of my fatigue levels or something.

Anyway, Im forced to skip the match but when I press X after seeing the team sheets 'warming up' appears but nothing happens. Have tried it a couple times. Not looking good.

Anyone else come across this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I've had a skim through the thread and didn't see anything similar to this.

I think I've encountered a Career Mode-breaking bug!

Im nearing the end of my first season with my Virtual Pro and I get an e-mail saying Im being left out of the next match cause of my fatigue levels or something.

Anyway, Im forced to skip the match but when I press X after seeing the team sheets 'warming up' appears but nothing happens. Have tried it a couple times. Not looking good.

Anyone else come across this?
    Happened to me man when I was trying to sim a game :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Anyone looking for a speedy winger/striker at a not too costly price, look at Alexis Sanchez of Udinese. Signed for 8m, goal on his debut and no defender can deal with him:D if only it could happen in real life and he actually played for the 'pool :(

You can get Irish teams into Europe :eek::eek::eek: :D:D:D

Drew 1-1 to PSG at home in the first leg :D, playing them away from home now,
    C'mon you Saints :).

Won 2 nil away from home :) my group now...

Manchester United
    Villarreal C.F.
    Juventus
    St. Patrick's Athletic.

Lets all the do the European dance :D.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Won 2 nil away from home :) my group now...

Manchester United
    Villarreal C.F.
    Juventus
    St. Patrick's Athletic.

Lets all the do the European dance :D.

wow tuff group,Its good that you can get the irish clubs into europe,were you able to do it in previous fifa's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

wow tuff group,Its good that you can get the irish clubs into europe,were you able to do it in previous fifa's?

Nope. That was one of my only problems with FIFA10.

Career with Rovers gonna be started soon so.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Just started a season with United. Christ the passing is tough to get used to. But Im glad they done away with the Ping-Pong passing. . I won the league with Fulham in Legendary mode in FIFA 10.

Is there a bug with signing players? I got an offer for Modric accepted by Spurs, offered the contract and heard nothing back. . when I went into Negotiation history is just says "Player reviewing Offer". . .now the window is closed and it says the same thing still. Signed Ashley Young though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Started a career with my pro at Blackburn,

Loading times seem so long! anyways just getting used to the game, am liking it so far - as mentioned above the passing is hard to get used to!

Am doing good when i am played, think i preferred being able to play for the reserves!

I only seem to get my game against the smaller clubs, but still have 13 goals in 11 appearances :D

scored this belter against Sunderland

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/40399616

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I have to say i'm really enjoying the career mode (Player Manager with Man Utd.) Just coming into November and just got Manager of the Month.
    Berbatov is out injured for a month after having a great start to the season.

Am currently on top of the league (1 point ahead of Chelsea). The current top 5 are: Man. Utd
    Chelsea
    Aston Villa
    Liverpool
    Man City
    Also into the Qtr. Finals of the league cup against Wolves.

Just wondering about European matches though, is there no Champions League in Career? On the calender there is a symbol for European Matches, but i havent had any yet. I know EA dont have the official Champions League licence but does it pop up in any form?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I have to say i'm really enjoying the career mode (Player Manager with Man Utd.) Just coming into November and just got Manager of the Month.
    Berbatov is out injured for a month after having a great start to the season.

Am currently on top of the league (1 point ahead of Chelsea). The current top 5 are: Man. Utd
    Chelsea
    Aston Villa
    Liverpool
    Man City
    Also into the Qtr. Finals of the league cup against Wolves.

Just wondering about European matches though, is there no Champions League in Career? On the calender there is a symbol for European Matches, but i havent had any yet. I know EA dont have the official Champions League licence but does it pop up in any form?

I presume if you qualify, you'll play in europe in your second season!

Anybody know if you can get into the champions league with Irish teams ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Anybody know if you can get into the champions league with Irish teams ? ?

Yeah a poster further back had St. Pats in the lofty heights :D

But as far as I'm aware you need to do a season and qualify with whatever club you are first, that is you wont be in it in the first season by starting as last years champions - and i think that is the case with all leagues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 joker87

Yeah a poster further back had St. Pats in the lofty heights :D

But as far as I'm aware you need to do a season and qualify with whatever club you are first, that is you wont be in it in the first season by starting as last years champions - and i think that is the case with all leagues!

yea it is, i wasnt in it in my first season with united, barely scraped in for the second!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Has anyone tried to Install it into a Xbox 360 Hardrive.I could just about do it but i'm wondering would it improve the slow loading in between matches in Career mode it takes forever for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Anyone playin in the Russian Leauge? Im with CSKA. Bought Neymar, Defour and Lukaku. Lukaku is a BEAST! He's only rated 74, but he wins everything in the air, I;v scored about 9 goals in 9 games with him, the majority of them headers. Theres a lot to be said for Kesuki Hondas left boot aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

GTR63 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to Install it into a Xbox 360 Hardrive.I could just about do it but i'm wondering would it improve the slow loading in between matches in Career mode it takes forever for me.

I have it installed, it seems fairly fast at loading for me. Not having it plugged into Live also seems to speed up loading too so try that if you can/don't need it plugged in.

How do ya allocate money to Negotiator/Stadium etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

baz2009 wrote: »
    How do ya allocate money to Negotiator/Stadium etc.?

I don't think I've seen these options at all in Fifa 11. I know there's the transfer/wages allocation but nothing for fitness/stadium/negotiator etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

I really wasn't enjoying Career mode for some reason, started as usual playing as Villa but half way through the season started feeling bored probably cause only a few weeks ago I had been playing with essentially the same team in FIFA 10 manager mode. Started a fresh game with a team I knew nothing about: CD Tenerife, now I'm loving it, cleared out a bunch of poor players for good prices replaced them with some gems and I feel I can start my VP now without feeling he's a boy amongst men.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Anyone know where you can find the transfer shortlist? I accidentally added a player I was gonna buy to it and since then hes not showing up in transfer searches

Nevermind, figured it out

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

I have now played a few matches with man united in manager mode and I must admit it seems to be the best manager mode yet with way more options than before. It is also more realistic as I find it easier to beat poor teams you play in early stages of Carling Cup but you find it difficult to break down big teams like Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just finished my first epic season. Was 3 points behind leaders City with 3 games to go.Had to travel to them (They are so hard to break down) last minute goal by Drogba to bring me level on points.Won it in the end on Goal Difference :)

Yeah, City's defence is ridiculously good.
    Played a few exhibitions games against them with United and couldn't break them down for shít on Professional. In 3 games I scored 4 goals I think.:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Finished my first season with United as manager. Here are some details:

Top 6:
    Man United
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Aston Villa
    Arsenal

Top Scorers:
    Rooney -22
    Drogba -20
    Torres -19
    Defoe -18

So the realism part has really come to the fore (apart from Liverpool making top 4 :pac:)

In the transfer window I signed Igor Akinfeev (Moscow held out like terrorists for big cash) and Daniele De Rossi (after I failed with bids for Schweinstieger, Diego, Ozil and Hamsik lol). I moved on Michael Owen, Wes Brown, Gary Neville and Danny Welbeck.

I am however very dissappointed with the player growth. It seems totally random and tbh, complete bull****. Rafael is still only 76 despite playing around half of my league games, same goes for Darron Gibson at 75, despite 10 goals in all comps.

Advertisement