Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 11: Career Mode!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

There's some sort of player growth bug going around mate. That's why they didn't go up!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Player Growth is totally fubared.

The likes of Song, Gibbs, Sagna, Vela play a large amount of games form me and have gone down anywhere between 1 and 4 points.

Wilshere and Frimpong also get a lot of game time and haven't changed while Ramsey has gotten himself ahead of Nasri in the midfield and has played nearly all my games scoring 5 goals by December and has only gone up 1 point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Can we expect a patch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Frisbee wrote: »
    Player Growth is totally fubared.

The likes of Song, Gibbs, Sagna, Vela play a large amount of games form me and have gone down anywhere between 1 and 4 points.

Wilshere and Frimpong also get a lot of game time and haven't changed while Ramsey has gotten himself ahead of Nasri in the midfield and has played nearly all my games scoring 5 goals by December and has only gone up 1 point.

Bought Gamesmaster earlier in it it says that Ramsey has the potential to Grow from 77 to 86,Gibbs can go up to 87 & Wilshire can grow to 90 which means he can be as good as Messi,I feel stupid even typing that. Since people are ranting a bit i'm going to have a go.The Finese shots have been ruined I can't score with anyone from any distance longer than 20 yards & why the hell do players stay falling over when they get tackled,Pass or Jostle anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Can we expect a patch?

Wouldn't count on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Does anyone else think the fatigue set up is a bit crazy,

One of the first things i noticed was that you couldn't improve your staff like previous years - if you can please point me in the direction :D

So i was worried about my players getting tired, however i'm playing an irish league with Shamrock Rovers and the other teams totally fall away in the 2nd half, I'm talking about cutting their defenses to pieces making it look like my players are not affected at all.

My players are dying, It seems I have a match everyday with the Cups and Champions league :(.

Played 2 matches in the Champions league so far.

Lost to Juve 2 nil, then beat Villarreal 2 nil :)
    Injured Rossi in the first few minutes and now he's out for "some months".

Does anyone think if (big if) I win the Champions League will I be able to sign quality players or will I have to stick with the 60-65 rated players?

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Played 2 matches in the Champions league so far.

Lost to Juve 2 nil, then beat Villarreal 2 nil :)
    Injured Rossi in the first few minutes and now he's out for "some months".

Does anyone think if (big if) I win the Champions League will I be able to sign quality players or will I have to stick with the 60-65 rated players?

Who are you playing as?

I won league with Shamrock Rovers, just played my first European game there against Celtic of all clubs - drew 1-1 at home, second leg to come,

I've signed Fabio a LWB, am pretty sure it is the United one but he was a free agent and he came to me with a rating of 73!

Numerous other defenders had turned me down as not prestigious enough though!

Who are you playing as?

I won league with Shamrock Rovers, just played my first European game there against Celtic of all clubs - drew 1-1 at home, second leg to come,

I've signed Fabio a LWB, am pretty sure it is the United one but he was a free agent and he came to me with a rating of 73!

Numerous other defenders had turned me down as not prestigious enough though!

St. Pats.
    Won the league first season.
    Winning it this season and 2nd in my group.
    Highest player i've managed to sign was a 64 rated left winger.

• Advertisement

St. Pats.
    Won the league first season.
    Winning it this season and 2nd in my group.
    Highest player i've managed to sign was a 64 rated left winger.

Am delighted you can get Irish teams into europe now :)

I've only ever been able to sign free agents come to think of it, 4 players so far,

Some of my players values went up a good bit in season 2 did yours? so i sold them thinking i'd be able to improve my squad - but can't sign anyone, I have 3 million burning a hole in my pocket :(

How many qualifying rounds are there in CL? I'm thinking i was unlucky to get celtic, but secretly hoping that it is the final qualifying round :)

Am delighted you can get Irish teams into europe now :)

I've only ever been able to sign free agents come to think of it, 4 players so far,

Some of my players values went up a good bit in season 2 did yours? so i sold them thinking i'd be able to improve my squad - but can't sign anyone, I have 3 million burning a hole in my pocket :(

How many qualifying rounds are there in CL? I'm thinking i was unlucky to get celtic, but secretly hoping that it is the final qualifying round :)
    Yeah Guy went up to rated 66 and grant to 68 :).

One qualifying round and your in ;).

Also btw get as many in the squad as you can because you'll have Champions League matches on a wednesday then a league match on the Friday, your players will slowly die :p.

Also btw get as many in the squad as you can because you'll have Champions League matches on a wednesday then a league match on the Friday, your players will slowly die :p.

Yeah i was thinking that, the cup ends very early in the season, hence why i didn't have trouble in season one. Strange that my opposition seemed to though!

Don't worry i got the schedule change emails - Wednesday and Friday is not good!

What a day for Saint Patricks Athlethic :D.

news1.jpg

Topped the Champions League group too :).

How do I fúcking resize :p.

How do I fúcking resize :p.

Don't know if you have a re-sizer on your computer,

I beat Celtic 1-0 to go through, my delight was short lived though,

Man Utd
    Wolfsburg
    Ajax
    Shamrock Rovers :(

Got Man City in the Last 16 :(.
    But.... Drew 0-0 away, and won 1 nil at home hahaha.

Got an E-mail there telling me I have 2,880,000 additional funds :D.

for the second leg I put it down to professional :p.
    Didn't want to go out lol.

Also did anyone recognize the name I used in the picture above ;):p

Real Madrid in the Quarters :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Is that arsenal's 4th choice keeper?

• Advertisement

Got Man City in the Last 16 :(.
    But.... Drew 0-0 away, and won 1 nil at home hahaha.

Got an E-mail there telling me I have 2,880,000 additional funds :D.

for the second leg I put it down to professional :p.
    Didn't want to go out lol.

Also did anyone recognize the name I used in the picture above ;):p

Yeah the first thing i noticed was the name :D

Have you got your pro playing? the reason i ask is that i have, and after season 1 my job offers were all for manafer, with 2 offers from rovers, one being for manager, the other for player manager,

I'm assuming if i moved i'd lose my pro?

I only play it on the 2nd highest level, wait till i get used to it more!

Is that arsenal's 4th choice keeper?
    Yeah :), Was rated 70, now 71 :).
    Yeah the first thing i noticed was the name :D

Have you got your pro playing? the reason i ask is that i have, and after season 1 my job offers were all for manafer, with 2 offers from rovers, one being for manager, the other for player manager,

I'm assuming if i moved i'd lose my pro?

I only play it on the 2nd highest level, wait till i get used to it more!

Nope my Pro is at Arsenal I think :). Hmm Interesting player manager :).
    Yeah I was playing on World Class but I'm going to Professional for my last few matches :), Winning 1 nil away to Madrid :).

Beat Real Madrid 1 nil in the Quarters :).
    Got 3 million for my transfer budget :)

Beat Athlethico 7-5 on aggeragate in the Semis lol,
    (Best attack I've played against)
    Got 3.8 million for my transfer budget :).

Playing Inter in the finals :D.
    C'mon you Saints :) getting dizzy lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Beat Real Madrid 1 nil in the Quarters :).
    Got 3 million for my transfer budget :)

Beat Athlethico 7-5 on aggeragate in the Semis lol,
    (Best attack I've played against)
    Got 3.8 million for my transfer budget :).

Playing Inter in the finals :D.
    C'mon you Saints :) getting dizzy lol.

Whats your starting 11 for the final? :pac:

ntlbell wrote: »
    Whats your starting 11 for the final? :pac:

I'll post all my Results now :p and my team :).
    Very happy man :D:pac::pac::pac:

League :)

image0464.jpg

Champions League Final result :)

image0465i.jpg

image0466.jpg

Squad for the Final :)

image0467.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Played my first season on semi-pro,found it far to easy,first top of the league 82 points,john carew was the highest scorer with 42 goals :rolleyes:,started my second season on professional and im finding it very hard was knocked out of the champions league,im now in the europa league,I barely beat basel 1-0 :eek: and now I have to face liverpool in the next stage,Im 7th in the league and can barely score a goal :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Finished my first season. Played it on professional as Shamrock Rovers. Won the league by 3 points, only conceded 9 goals all season but didn't score nearly as many as Bohs. I've accepted the job at Amkar Perm of Russia for the new season.

Just signed an italian rated 73 ST :),
    Had to offer him 30,000 in wages to come though :eek:
    Still finding it very hard to sign players :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Played my first season on semi-pro,found it far to easy,first top of the league 82 points,john carew was the highest scorer with 42 goals :rolleyes:,started my second season on professional and im finding it very hard was knocked out of the champions league,im now in the europa league,I barely beat basel 1-0 :eek: and now I have to face liverpool in the next stage,Im 7th in the league and can barely score a goal :eek:.

Same as myself, playin the first season as man. utd. on semi-pro. In the first week of january and am top of the table, 8 points ahead of Chelsea, who just seemed to have a bad patch around November/December. I tried a couple of games on Professional aginst smaller teams and found it a lot harder.

On a side note, just played the Leagus Cup Semi-Final (1st leg) against Chelsea and beat them 4-1, largely due tot he fact that Ivanovic got 2 yellow cards after 15 mins of the game :D. It's the first time i beat Chelsea this season, losing the Community shield on penalties (1-1 after 90 mins) and drawing 3-3 in the league, that was an epic match. Spent a lot of it with 10 men actually but at least got a point out of it.

Oh yes, and just signes Arbeloa from Real Madrid for €16,000,000. Third signing of the season - the other 2 being Shay Given & Luca Modric

Advertisement