Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 11: Career Mode!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

So signed 2 players for the Summer transfer window.

Ardemagni - ST - 73, Best rated player in the league :). Age - 25
    (30k wages)
    Zezinho - CAM - 69, Only 20 years of age, Yellow boots, Brazilian and 4 stars skills moves :), lots of potential.
    (20k wages)

Still have 11 million left with 50k remaining budget :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

WTF? My pro is out for 2 months because Jose Enrique clattered him!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Oh yes, and just signes Arbeloa from Real Madrid for €16,000,000.

16 million for Arbeloa?

Also, Alonso is out for 35 days because of a training injury. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Can anyone recommend some good young prospects in the career mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some good young prospects in the career mode?

Charlie Austin is a legendary finisher for Swindon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Is International games gone, in the be a pro career?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Started a season with Oxford United. Haven't scored a goal yet in the pre-season. Will get there soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Can anyone reccomend a good centre half for me ?
    Preferably strong and fast to keep up with those over the top through balls :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Damo 2k9 wrote: »

Might be stating the obvious, but Nemanja Vidic would be your man, if you can afford him or are not already playing as United. He is strong, fast and great in the box for corners/free-kicks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

per mertesacker is a good cb as well,strong and dominant in the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

just finished first season with chelsea as a player on world class , scored 19 goals, 2 behund winner abongalor??aha shockin spelling, finished 7th, winning the league cup, gotoffered wage hike and captancy at beginning of new season but hav left for real madrid :)

Tryed buying vidic but he wouldn't come to me, gonna try get pique :)
    Also if anyone has an online pass code thing they aint using and could pm to me if they wouldn't mind it would be great, thanks :)

Also if anyone has an online pass code thing they aint using and could pm to me if they wouldn't mind it would be great, thanks :)

Did you not get the game new???

I did but my brother used the code so I can't use it now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just won my first match with Oxford United and be jaysus it was one of my most rewarding gaming experiences ever. Having a cracker from 20 yards slam in off the post in the dying seconds of added time was amazing.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hummels and Subiotic from Dortmund highly recommend either one and they are cheaper than I imagine than what most would recommend.

Juan from Roma too is another one, though he'll be no doubt more expensive.

---

So finished my 1st season. Finished 4th playing in the main as only my VP, a point behind Leverkusen which wasn't bad considering the unfortunate losses of Barrios up front for 2 months and my own pro for a month during the climax to the season :/

Bought Coleman, Lakaku, Sanchez and Defour. Didn't have enough money for Hazard or Arda Turan sadly.

One massive problem I have is current player contracts. The greedy so and so's what more money + bonues(20% get out of here) or want a shorter contract. Not even a 2 year extension is good enough :(

I'm 7 matches into my season, 5 of them in the league. You couldn't dream of a more difficult fixture list in the league not including Bayern. Faced all the big guns in the Bundesliga - Hamburg, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, Werder Bremen and Schalke. Undefeated but a lot of them were draws and I'm 8 points already behind Wolfsburg or Werder, cannot remember as it was Saturday I last played career.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished my first season as United in third, Arsenal second and City first :(.
    Also, I was the leagues 14th lowest goalscorers with only 42, goals are hard to come by. Had the best defence though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm 7 matches into my season, 5 of them in the league. You couldn't dream of a more difficult fixture list in the league not including Bayern. Faced all the big guns in the Bundesliga - Hamburg, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, Werder Bremen and Schalke. Undefeated but a lot of them were draws and I'm 8 points already behind Wolfsburg or Werder, cannot remember as it was Saturday I last played career.

So by Xmas I was 10 points off the pace set by Wolfsburg. But I kept plugging away and so nearly clawed it back, got to within 2 points with 3 matches to play in the end. But Leverkusen after I beat them, won their remaining matches and so didn't drop anymore crucial points. I won all but 1 match from February onwards actually. But that really poor start killed me, when there were 4 consecutive 0-0's(one in cup).

4 matches remaining - Marseille in the Semi Finals of the Europa League, Wolfsburg in the Pokal Final(German Cup) and hopefully the EL final too.

... and then onto bidding 100m for Hazard and De Gea or Ochoa I go :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

The fact that you can't purchase a player that's recently joined a club is really frustrating. Even more furstrating is that when a player who was on loan returns to his club, the game acts like he's a new signing so it's impossible to sign him.

I was playing as Charlton in League One and had some really good loan signings, Frank Nouble, Frimpong, Karacan. I got promoted and all these players went back to their clubs. I tried to sign Karacan on a permanent deal because he was outstanding for me, (would really recommend him btw) but Reading were having none of it because they act like he's a new signing. I could offer 100 million for him and they'd still reject it.

Also, is it actually possible to sign a player over 33? Being Charlton, I don't have a lot of cash to spend so I was targeting some veterans that wouldn't cost me so much. I made offers for 6 or 7 of these guys, every one of them rejected me because A. They were too loyal (despite being on the transfer list) or B. Thinking about retiring soon, which they never do anyway.

One last gripe is that any deals you are negotiating as the window comes to a close go so slowly and will simply fall through as the window closes. I think there were 8 days left when I made an offer for a player, it was accepted and then I had to offer the contract, but the window closed before the player could accept or reject. That's just really silly to be honest. It's not always possible to have deals wrapped up by then as sometimes you must wait to sell a player to free up funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The fact that you can't purchase a player that's recently joined a club is really frustrating. Even more furstrating is that when a player who was on loan returns to his club, the game acts like he's a new signing so it's impossible to sign him.

I was playing as Charlton in League One and had some really good loan signings, Frank Nouble, Frimpong, Karacan. I got promoted and all these players went back to their clubs. I tried to sign Karacan on a permanent deal because he was outstanding for me, (would really recommend him btw) but Reading were having none of it because they act like he's a new signing. Really quite frustrating. You can offer 100 million for a player and it will be rejected because he's just joined the club.

Also, is it actually possible to sign a player over 33? Being Charlton, I don't have a lot of cash to spend so I was targeting some veterans that wouldn't cost me so much. I made offers for 6 or 7 of these guys, every one of them rejected me because A. They were too loyal (despite being on the transfer list) or B. Thinking about retiring soon, which they never do anyway.

One last gripe is that any deals you are negotiating as the window comes to a close go so slowly and will simply fall through as the window closes. I think there were 8 days left when I made an offer for a player, it was accepted and then I had to offer the contract, but the window closed before the player could accept or reject. That's just really silly to be honest. It's not always possible to have deals wrapped up by then as sometimes you must wait to sell a player to free up funds.

+1

Had Joe Mattock and Vukic (Newcastle) on loan for Swindon. Went to buy Mattock, but he had just signed for his club WBA (who I ****ing loaned him from:rolleyes:). And had signed and had the contract agreed for a CAM I really needed... Sept 1 arrived and the transfer window closes, but no Kevin Thornton in my squad:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Whats the story with player values not increasing? I've bought a handful of youngsters and they've all increased in ability yet none have increased even a euro in value? I have a 24 year old DM on 79 who is worth less than 2M :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

Playing player manager career mode with fulham at the minute, have gotten to the stage where my virtual pro has quite good stats so he's an important part of my team, not to mention I would like to be able to unlock more pro achievements as I play career mode. Problem is, I have just started the 2nd season, and he's nowhere to be seen, I've not put him on the transfer list, or accepted any offers for him, he doesn't even seem to be in the game.

Something similar happened on my first attempt at player manager career mode, got sacked from arsenal (virtual pro was part of the team) so had to wait for the season before I could get a new club. Season 2 I picked fulham, checked the squads and my virtual pro was nowhere to be seen, even did a search for him but he didn't seem to be on the database at all.

Am I missing something? Are the virtual pros only meant to be available in the 1st season? Or maybe Fulham are glitched?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

TokenWhite wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Are the virtual pros only meant to be available in the 1st season? Or maybe Fulham are glitched?

Sounds like you've picked manager mode in your second seasons and player manager in your first one. I played a few seasons as player manager but decided to just go as manager eventually, my pro disappeared completely.

It must be that when you choose to be just a manager it acts as if your pro retires or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

F*&K this legendary level is impossible. Playing with St Pauli and have drawn two and lost about 5 in a row since with a -12 GD. Rock bottom of league with little funds, am surely going down.

But its nice to experience a relegation battle for once......:D

Ok so just finished my first season as Player-Manager for Man. Utd. I won the League, FA Cup & League Cup. I am now at a cross roads with the current jobs on offer to me. I kinda wanna change club, but also wanna play in Europe for the new season.
    The jobs i got offered to me are: Stay at United as Manager or Player-manager, Chelsea, VfL Bochum (Ger.), Bayer Leverkusen (Ger.), Grenoble Foot (Fra.), Real Sociedad(Spa), Real Betis (Spa.) or Barcelona.

Bayer Leverkusen was the first team thta jumped out at me, but the problem is they only finished 7th in the league so won't be in Europe this season, which i wanna try now. So i am thinking maybe joining Barcelona who are in Europe with a €94m Transfer budget. I also got United up to a €83m transfer budget.

Just wondering what other people have done once they completed their first season, and what would you do if you were me. Also, just say i joined Barcelona, would i be able to buy my Virtual-pro form United??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ok so just finished my first season as Player-Manager for Man. Utd. I won the League, FA Cup & League Cup. I am now at a cross roads with the current jobs on offer to me. I kinda wanna change club, but also wanna play in Europe for the new season.
    The jobs i got offered to me are: Stay at United as Manager or Player-manager, Chelsea, VfL Bochum (Ger.), Bayer Leverkusen (Ger.), Grenoble Foot (Fra.), Real Sociedad(Spa), Real Betis (Spa.) or Barcelona.

Bayer Leverkusen was the first team thta jumped out at me, but the problem is they only finished 7th in the league so won't be in Europe this season, which i wanna try now. So i am thinking maybe joining Barcelona who are in Europe with a €94m Transfer budget. I also got United up to a €83m transfer budget.

Just wondering what other people have done once they completed their first season, and what would you do if you were me. Also, just say i joined Barcelona, would i be able to buy my Virtual-pro form United??

Stay with united another season,play in europe and see what happens,bayern should be in europe though as they finished 7th mind you it would be the europa league.5th 6th 7th go into the europa league but it could be different in the german league.

Stay with united another season,play in europe and see what happens,bayern should be in europe though as they finished 7th mind you it would be the europa league.5th 6th 7th go into the europa league but it could be different in the german league.

It's only up to 5th in the Bundesliga that gets into Europe. I might just stay at United, go foe the champions league, then feck off off somewhere else :cool:

Ahhhhhh Balls. I selected to stay at United as Manager only and now my Virtual Pro isnt playing on the team, he was doing good and all. Was the top scorer in the League Cup last year too. Ah, well....time for some restructuring methinks!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Playing with St Pats, and the player improvements are just stupid. Some players improve after playing 2 games in a row. Then, have this young lad, Sean Doyle on 48. Just decided to play him in a few games. Anyway, he scores 14 League goals, 2 Cup goals and 1 European goal. His overall attributes don't go up at all.

Joke. Then my Assistant gives a message, asking me why Doyle isn't getting a game!?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Started a career mode last night as player, Hogan Ephraim with QPR. Scored the winner on my debut in the league to win our first game. But my gripe is as it always was with previous FIFA career modes...the computer is so ****!! Its almost impossible for them to score goals, so its always left to you to do it. I can see loads of 0-0's coming up.

Anyone else find this problem?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

So how is the career mode compared to 10? Considering buying this game soon.

Advertisement