Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 voicemail

Options
  • 29-09-2010 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, anyone else noticed 3's voicemail had changed?

I used to have my call forwarding set up to go to my default old number from o2 with the prefix 5 for voicemail.(0865}
    Now though, customers etc are getting prompted to enter their mobile number followed but the # key???

anyone know the correct voicemail number it should be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

since three started charging for voice calls i have dialed my nbr 0835 then iit asks you to key in your nbr followed by the # then your pin followed by the # key afaik it has allways been set up that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 have changed their voicemail today. Not too sure what the change is I just noticed when I dialled 171 the girl welcomed me to 3's improved service. Didn't listen to all the talk so dont know how it's different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Three seem to have also introduced a 'Missed Call' text feature. Received one just now. Along the lines of '...number X tried calling you at Y time...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Im a bit suspicious guys.
    As suggested in earlier posts, I called my own number with the five inserted for 'free' voice mail. IE 0865*******
    I also had my call diverts set up to divert to my number with 0865....... for when phone not answered, busy, and not available.

A few guys called this morning though, and asked me what as going on with my voice mail as they were getting prompted to enter THEIR mobile numbers followed by the hash key.

Have changed the number of my voice mail now to threes default, which seems to be 0833333171, voice mail working as normal now, but am curious as to whether or not they have sussed all us folk are using the old prefix 5 trick to avoid the 15c a min charges?

Been using the new voicemail for about two weeks now and its much faster to navigate thankfully.

In relation to the 'Missed Call' text feature.

The time that appears in the text appears to be the time I receive the sms, and not the time I missed the call.
    e.g. if for whatever reason I was out of range at 9am, I'll get a text at say 11am telling me I missed a call from X at 11am rather than 9am!

Very strange and completely pointless. Has anyone else found this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hullomail is the way forward, no charge and no fiddling around entering numbers. :)

Haha - I'm actually just installing it! But it's a nice feature - knowing that someone tried to call me (as a lot of people don't leave voicemails). I know Meteor have had this service for a while and I thought it was a great idea.

Can't seem to find any information on three.ie about it as well. I am going to fire them off an email now :rolleyes:
    Hullomail is the way forward, no charge and no fiddling around entering numbers. :)

Can't seem to find any information on three.ie about it as well.

Brilliant Idea, what you going to tell them, you've figured out a way to sidestep the voicemail charge, best off say nothing, you know the costs already what more do you need to know that 3 can tell you?

:confused: I believe you've miss read my post drunkmonkey.

I've emailed 3Ireland regarding their 'Missed Call' text showing the wrong time - that is all.

I haven't had a chance to try out Hullomail yet - sounds like a great app though.
    Brilliant Idea, what you going to tell them, you've figured out a way to sidestep the voicemail charge, best off say nothing, you know the costs already what more do you need to know that 3 can tell you?

:confused: I believe you've miss read my post drunkmonkey.

I've emailed 3Ireland regarding their 'Missed Call' text showing the wrong time - that is all.

I haven't had a chance to try out Hullomail yet - sounds like a great app though.

Ahh right, oops, thought were going to tell them about the you know what;)

no idea about your other problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I just got my bill for last month and they have charged me for access to voicemail even though i put the 5 in front of my moby nbr:mad:.
    3 CC told me i'm been charged for accessing my own voicemail and flexi units get deducted as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

right so im out of credit and just got 4 missed calls & 4 voicemails... is there any way to check the voicemails without having any money on my phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

muffinz wrote: »
    right so im out of credit and just got 4 missed calls & 4 voicemails... is there any way to check the voicemails without having any money on my phone?

Can you check from a landline?

Advertisement