Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mailto Issues using FF3.6.x and GMAIL

Options
  • 29-09-2010 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Does anyone know how to get Mailto links to launch in a separate tab in FF? By default GMAIL opens up the Compose Mail screen in the tab you already have open.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    dk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Is this on your own computer, or are you trying to get it to work on a website ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Is this on your own computer, or are you trying to get it to work on a website ?

This is my own pc, I have a "send email" option in an application i'm working on. When clicked It opens outlook,hotmail, outlook express, lotus notes but for some reason gmail and yahoo will not open mailto in a new window. I beginning to think it is just the limitations of these web-mail clients and not any specific setting. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

This is my own pc, I have a "send email" option in an application i'm working on. When clicked It opens outlook,hotmail, outlook express, lotus notes but for some reason gmail and yahoo will not open mailto in a new window. I beginning to think it is just the limitations of these web-mail clients and not any specific setting. :(

It's not a limitation of the web-mail client; it's what the mailto link is designed to do.

There is apparently a workaround, though. I haven't tried this, but it might do the trick for you.

http://lifehacker.com/392287/set-firefox-3-to-launch-gmail-for-mailto-links

Advertisement