Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halting site Dock road is it be closing down or bought by Greyhound track?

• 29-09-2010 11:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone know if this is the case?Also how could i find the details on planning online if possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

bigpink wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone know if this is the case?Also how could i find the details on planning online if possible?

Why would it be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

go on to limerick city or county council page, not sure if it is in the city or just outside it. Go to planning section and search away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Why would it be?

Planning Permission Applications are Public record events.

- This Land is your Land , this Land is my Land etc. etc.

For example

So even though Reg Freake may not want his erections to become Public knowledge, alas they must.....

Raiser wrote: »
    Planning Permission Applications are Public record events.

- This Land is your Land , this Land is my Land etc. etc.

For example

So even though Reg Freake may not want his erections to become Public knowledge, alas they must.....

I know that.
    I meant why did Vamp want to know if the halting site was to be closed down or bought out. I'm sure if Bord na gCon were going to do it they would have done so by now. The track opens next week.

I know that.
    I meant why did Vamp want to know if the halting site was to be closed down or bought out. I'm sure if Bord na gCon were going to do it they would have done so by now. The track opens next week.

I'd say its a lot easier to rig or run a Mutt Race than it is to get 50 Travellers to please go away if they are not so inclined......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I know that.

Big Pink is Vampy?

I was wondering where Vampy had gotten to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

please keep the thread on topic;

is it be or isnt it be?

zuroph wrote: »
    please keep the thread on topic;

is it be or isnt it be?

Well given that the race track opens in a week, and the halting site is still in place, I would be guessing that the answer is that the Halting site is not closing down.

Cannot see why it would have to close just because of the greyhound track anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

living in front of the track is perfect for them,they will be able to graze there horses on the track,run there lurchers,and race there carts all on there doorstep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Passed by this area earlier I saw workers removing the wooden fences.

I hope they are moving as it's not a nice view with the fence down.

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Passed by this area earlier I saw workers removing the wooden fences.

I hope they are moving as it's not a nice view with the fence down.

In fairness the Travellers are usually very quick to explain that Settled People frequently drive up and tip rubbish all over the area immediately surrounding their Halting Sites......

In fairness the Travellers are usually very quick to explain that Settled People frequently drive up and tip rubbish all over the area immediately surrounding their Halting Sites......

Ahh you are just bitter because you were caught making the area around the halting site look littered. :p

Hey Kess.

Have you tried the new 'running track' midway down the Dock Rd. yet?

- They even have a little pace-keeper thing on a rail at the side...... to help keep you in your stride.

Hey Kess.

Have you tried the new 'running track' midway down the Dock Rd. yet?

- They even have a little pace-keeper thing on a rail at the side...... to help keep you in your stride.

Maybe you should come running with me some evening. Would enjoy watching your eyes bulging after a few miles. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Rumour is they are moving some of them to Raheen near my parents place.I passed today and i see all the fencing removed and some of the conrete barriers removed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Rumour is they are moving some of them to Raheen near my parents place.I passed today and i see all the fencing removed and some of the conrete barriers removed

Raheen???

Well all ive heard so far is that some are moving to church road,say by cyrstal dry cleaners they have bought a house/small patch of land there

Ah, turn them into an SEP, the one true and easily available form of invisibility.

• Advertisement

Well all ive heard so far is that some are moving to church road,say by cyrstal dry cleaners they have bought a house/small patch of land there

That isnt going to go down too well with residents living across from it

I cant confirm or deny it,theres a strong rumour going round and i tryed looking up planning online to see was the halting site being used by the greyhound track but could only find stuff from 2008

A house has bought thats the rumour

A house was bought on that road and the land around it cleared out so could possibly go in there, but I wouldnt be surprised if people fought it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 terminator 2

I know the travelers in that site there ok what i heard was a group described as un civilised parked at the entrance to the site and are terrorising the people in the site and passers by . They are parked there for quite some time now and are driving uk and north reg vehicles without fear of customs or police amazing :confused:

The rumours seem to be true, neighbours in the area close to the site are going around with petitions, what ever good it does, but I think the travellers have bought it privately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

They seem to have taken down their fence (made of decking wood it looked like!)

phill106 wrote: »
    They seem to have taken down their fence (made of decking wood it looked like!)

That is down for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

That is down for ages

Ya only noticed a few weeks ago, i been using the tunnel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 terminator 2

<snip.

• Advertisement

Is it obvious? How have you reached that conclusion?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement