Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refreezing chicken stock?

Options
  • 29-09-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

hi
    i have been making my own chicken stock recently and freezing it. last night i used some to make a curry and now i want to freeze the left over curry....is this ok to do as bascially i would be re-freezing defrosted stock. im sure it is but just wanted to check ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,049 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It is absolutely fine.
    Just make sure that when stuff is reheated, it is fully reheated and that stuff to be frozen is cooled reasonably quickly. And that you don't reheat stuff multiple times.

If you take something out of the freezer and defrost it in the fridge, then it can be refrozen again (raw meat included) without health implications. The texture of some foods may suffer though.

I hope this helps.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yup, the beer revolu is spot on. Just if you're going to be eating the leftovers over a period of days, you'd be best to freeze it in single portions and just defrost as needed. Basically, don't reheat the whole lot, and only take a small amount from it, then reheat the rest of it the next day and only take a bit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Phenix

thanks for the replies!!
    never knew that abt re-freezing raw meat which had been thawed in the fridge tho! thats a handy hint to know ;)

Advertisement