Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tripod for telescope needs fixing

• 29-09-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Hey all, does anyone know of cheap place in Dublin I could take my broken tripod to?

The metal bit (screw?) which attaches the scope to the tripod snapped on sunday when I was in Glenmalure Ring Ouzel hunting (unsuccessful).

So I don't need a new tripod - just a new metal bit which will attach the scope to the tripod..
    would anywhere in town do such repairs or do I need to fork out for a whole new tripod :(

Any suggestions much appreciated,
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

http://www.connscameras.ie/
    Conn's cameras might be able to help....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

As you are in Dublin then Feargal is right, Conns should be able to help. For anybody outside Dublin with a similar problem, any decent Camera shop should be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Thanks, I'll take it in on Saturday and see if there's any hope for it.

Hope so, cos new tripods are kinda pricey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,054 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what make of tripod is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

what make of tripod is it?

I'm not sure, it's really old and really light...actually I've just looked at some phptos which 'feature' my scope and I see it's a Cullmann? The scope is an old Kowa.

Here's a photo of it whilst it was being used to weigh some Brent Geese we caught and tagged last Feb in Baldoyle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement