Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schooling in Balbriggan

Options
  • 29-09-2010 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

I am interested to hear from any parents in Balbriggan or the surrounding areas you are having problems enrolling their children into school in the area. Please let me know what issues you are having. Thanks a million Linda :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Stinks of a journo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 msmagu

No actually, I am a mother who is trying to get school places for her children. I want to hear from others who are having the same problems as I am having, thats all.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

In that case you really would be better off looking to get in touch with parents who have been successful in getting their children in to schools in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 msmagu

No, i acutally am looking for parents of children who cannot get into schools in the area. The more parents I can get together, the louder our voices become.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Is it primary or secondary school places you are looking for?

Are all the schools full? Have you tried further afield?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Is this a pressure group for people who don't follow procedure? I have a friend who is a school secretary in NCD and in the last few years they get parents coming in a week before school starts expecting places for their kids. These parents then blame the school when the school tell them they don't have spaces left. While if they had registered the child earlier in the year they could have planned their numbers to accomodate the head count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Most schools have a criteria , enrolment policy.But to be fair there should be enough places for mainstream now.We have had a huge investment in mainstream schools in the past few years.I like the new primary VEC one.
    We have a gailschool and also two eds together.
    Section 21 is the road you would have to go down if you think your being unfairly treated.
    Most schools try and facilite late arrivals as people can sometimes move to the area as term starts.
    Best of luck with it,Cathy

Advertisement