Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Careers Night

Options
  • 29-09-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭

Theres an information night about working in Canada, careers, visas etc in some hotel in the city tonight, cant find it in the paper now, anybody know where its on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mHughes

Claregalway Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks, reason Im asking is that Im stuck on a phone and it has a crappy browser but boards mobile works okay.

Wish they'd actually put it in town instead of out in the country, dont think Ill bother now.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Claregalway is hardly "out the country".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

Rylan wrote: »
    Claregalway is hardly "out the country".

Well it's not in the city.:confused:

Practically in the city. Probably as quick to get to knocknacarra from city centre as it is to Claregalway or not far off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Rylan wrote: »
    Practically in the city. Probably as quick to get to knocknacarra from city centre as it is to Claregalway or not far off it.

Except there's no city bus service to Claregalway, and to get there for 6pm requires sitting in traffic for 30 minutes if you're driving...

I use the fact that you have to drive out of the city through the countryside to get to a place as a definition of whether something is out in the country or not, therefore in my opinion Claregalway is out in the country, no offence was meant by it, Im sure they have electricity and flushing toilets like us, there are too many people on these boards who pretend to take offence at everything just to start a pointless argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thargor wrote: »
    Wish they'd actually put it in town instead of out in the country, dont think Ill bother now.
    If going 10 kilometres to Claregalway fazes you I wonder what moving 5000 kilometres to Canada will be like ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

don't think Thargor drives.

Claregalway is not in Galway, it is a village in Co. Galway

I use the fact that you have to drive out of the city through the countryside to get to a place as a definition of whether something is out in the country or not, therefore in my opinion Claregalway is out in the country, no offence was meant by it, Im sure they have electricity and flushing toilets like us, there are too many people on these boards who pretend to take offence at everything just to start a pointless argument.

Not trying to start an arguement. Was just pointing out, incase you didn't know, that it is only a small bit away. Also I am not so petty as to take offence to something like that but I do agree with what you say about it happening on boards a lot. Best of luck.

Ah right well never mind then sorry.

Tbh 10k isnt too bad, I might cycle it for the excercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's buses here if you don't want to bike it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

working in Canada,

Approx distance to Canada = 5249 Kilometers.

The mind boggles.

Not really, unless you're a bit slow or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Not really, unless you're a bit slow or something?

*Lift veil*
    *Reveal insult*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

... Im sure they have electricity and flushing toilets like us ...

;) I am so having to work hard to restrain my fingers from typing something very inappropriate!!! That said ...

If I was organising an event like that, I wouldn't have chosen a venue that far away from the city. Unless the venue was offering a particularly good deal (or I had a particularly annoying cousin who lived just down the road who I wanted to be 100% sure would attend!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement