Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.O.I 365 - Adding a Beneficiary

Options
  • 29-09-2010 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hello

I want to add a beneficiary to my 365 account for international money transfer. I get this message when I do so...... that the bank will send me a 7 digit activation code in order to activate the beneficiary.

How long do these usually take to send out? Its been a week since I added the beneficiary in my online account, and I received no letter.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Those letters usually come pretty quickly. I'd ring 365 and ask about the status of the letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Kohl wrote: »
    Hello

I want to add a beneficiary to my 365 account for international money transfer. I get this message when I do so...... that the bank will send me a 7 digit activation code in order to activate the beneficiary.

How long do these usually take to send out? Its been a week since I added the beneficiary in my online account, and I received no letter.

Thank you.

I added a beneficiary on Saturday 18th, got the letter in the post Monday 27th.
    The actual letter was dated 20th.
    So It took 5 working days.

They have added a much faster way to do it recently, whereby the activation code will be sent to your mobile.
    You need to register your mobile first though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The mobile route should solve the age old issue of having to wait a 7 digit code in the post. Staff guinea pigged this system for the last few months... Very useful especially if you have an account up north like I have. More improvements are in train, none I can comment about for the time being. But it's good news for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

dobsdave wrote: »
    I added a beneficiary on Saturday 18th, got the letter in the post Monday 27th.
    The actual letter was dated 20th.
    So It took 5 working days.

They have added a much faster way to do it recently, whereby the activation code will be sent to your mobile.
    You need to register your mobile first though.

You added the beneficiary on Sat and the code was posted on the next available day. It's the fault of the postal service that it took 5 days

Advertisement