Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connolly Hospital Entrance

Options
  • 29-09-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭

Just saw the following http://www.joanburton.ie/?postid=1408, might do to take note that non-staff members trying to access the A&E or the hospital itself from the Waterville / Corduff side will have to use the new bridge on the Navan Road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

so that short cut into the village through the hospital is to be no more :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Direct link to the story here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

blondie7 wrote: »
    so that short cut into the village through the hospital is to be no more :(

Short cut?? The traffic at that junction is a nightmare sometimes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Yes but at peak shopping times...like Christmas...it's the fastest way into the village and beyond. While travel through a hospital should never be the first choice route, it was a vital access route for hundreds of people.

The Snugborough Road will be a total nightmare next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Wait, how can they just close the Mill Road? That pretty much turns it into a tiny cul-de-sac, making the lights at the junction with Main St. near-redundant since there probably won't be the same level of traffic to have to regulate through.

And what is the 38c going to do for however long until the dump it as part of Network Direct. Is it going to bypass the village completely, and use the staff exit on the other end? And the 220, and soon to be 17a?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Arrrg ffs. Is it vehicular traffic only? Anyone know if pedestrians are cut off too?

Just vehicles..the path are open.

If this morning is anything to go by, next week will be chaos. Traffic for the Snugborough roundabout was almost back to the Aquatic Centre :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Wait, how can they just close the Mill Road? That pretty much turns it into a tiny cul-de-sac, making the lights at the junction with Main St. near-redundant since there probably won't be the same level of traffic to have to regulate through.

And what is the 38c going to do for however long until the dump it as part of Network Direct. Is it going to bypass the village completely, and use the staff exit on the other end? And the 220, and soon to be 17a?

Both the 220 and 38c will use the entrance adjacent to total fitness from Tuesday db have announced. The 220 will use the village the 38c won't

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Monday is going to be a disaster. The Mill Rd and Waterville entrance will remain open until 12noon, in order to allow for error etc. personally, I cannot wait for this. it's been a long time coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Damn I used this route in the mornings :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Pedestrians still have access.

It is a bit silly the way that they have sealed the road right at the entrance to the hospital. I haven't been up near the Vineyard, have they put up a sign saying "No access to hospital"? Have they even taken down the H sign pointing to it?

Was up Waterville way and didn't see anything about it on the road.

The Snugborough Road has been a total disaster to get on to the N3 at rush hour for the past week. That bus lane has to go, the queue for the village has been close to the NAC...and people heading to the N3 are supposed to sit in that queue while leaving the bus lane empty for that one bus every 20 mins :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

it's a freakin nightmare!! and in fairness, some of the public are being down right rude and disgusting about it. The Council demanded it open when it did, and yet they have no provided proper signage; nor has the hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

This is driving me mental. I dont see the purpose at all of closing Mill Rd. I live in Waterville and use it all the time, i now have the choice of sitting for ages in a tailback in the village or the N3 slip road lights which also take ages.

Ridiculous. Is there anyone we can write to about this?:mad:

Advertisement