Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #2 - Max Power1

Options
  • 29-09-2010 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Okay folks, it's the turn of Rock & Metal's very own named after a hairdryer setting poster - Max Power1

A quick recap of the rules:
    1. Questions should be Rock & Metal related although some leeway is allowed.
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to and as moderator I suppose I'll have the final say if something is appropriate or not.
    3. Don't discuss any of the answers on the thread and only the poster should be answering the questions.

Hopefully that's clear enough so let the questions commence...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm going to steal Knifey Spoony's question as I thought it was a very good one:

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Malice_ wrote: »
    I'm going to steal Knifey Spoony's question as I thought it was a very good one:

What got you into Rock & Metal in the first place and what keeps you interested in it?
    It was a natural progression.. I was into Blur, Oasis and the Saw Doctors when I was younger, then I got Nirvana's greatest hits and LimpBizkit's first album and all started there.

What keeps me into it? Well classic albums always stay classic, but contrary to most people's opinions, there are good new bands out there. This year alone In This Moment, Cancer Bats, Devildriver, Avenged Sevenfold and many others have produced good albums.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What has been your favourite album out this year?

What was your first rock/metal gig you attended?

Do you like pie?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?

What would be the lineup of your dream gig?

Any sub-genre within metal that you just cannot stand?

Denny M wrote: »
    What has been your favourite album out this year?

What was your first rock/metal gig you attended?

Do you like pie?

My favourite album out this year is definitley "Star Crossed Wasteland" by In This Moment. My first Rock/Metal gig was an irish band by the name of Jekyl - They recently moved to the US:(.

And yes, I do like pie :p
    If you could go drinking with 5 people in metal, who would they be?

What would be the lineup of your dream gig?

Any sub-genre within metal that you just cannot stand?
    Hmm good question! I'd love to go drinking with Dave Mustaine, he's a long term idol of mine. Glen Benton of Deicide, Kerry King of Slayer and Phil Anselmo from Pantera - because they all seem like dudes that enjoy their beer and metal! And finally, Maria Brink, as she is epically hot!.

Oh, and I cant stand sludge metal, like Sunn0))), its just boring imo!

Dream Gig - Megadeth & Slayer co headlining, supported by deicide, trivium, devildriver & Avenged Sevenfold (Yes i know that list sounds more like a festival rather than a gig)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

What band is your all time favourite? You can only pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

*Shakes fist at Malice_ for stealing my question*

Anyway, Max, what album has left the biggest impression on you, like an album that when you first heard it made you think "I didn't know metal could sound like that". What was it about this album that left such an impression?

EDIT: 400th post. Get in there!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

If you could go back in time and not give out so much about Avenged Sevenfold, would you? :)

What band is your all time favourite? You can only pick one.

Megadeth. There are a few that come close but none that equal.

Anyway, Max, what album has left the biggest impression on you, like an album that when you first heard it made you think "I didn't know metal could sound like that". What was it about this album that left such an impression?

EDIT: 400th post. Get in there!:p

Probably Deicide's eponymous album. It was the first death metal that I heard and I had that exact reaction - "i didnt know metal could sound like that"
    shizz wrote: »
    If you could go back in time and not give out so much about Avenged Sevenfold, would you? :)
    No - that was who I was then, a wannabe elitist! Then I actually listened to "Sounding the Seventh trumpet" and changed my mind!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What one band in rock/metal annoys you the most?

• Advertisement

Sorry, I've managed to think of two of my own questions now :)

How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?

Denny M wrote: »
    What one band in rock/metal annoys you the most?
    Easy - Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I hate them with a passion
    Sorry, I've managed to think of two of my own questions now :)

How did you come across the Rock & Metal forum on Boards?
    I got a 6 month ban from AH a while ago and needed to find other areas of interest!
    What keeps you coming back to the forum?
    A continuos flow of discussion topics and a steady stream of posters in the "game" threads (song title game, picture puzzle thread etc).

... errm, I mean the excellent moderation. <ahem>.. yeah ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

What's your least favourite part of Rock and Metal? You can take it to mean the music or the general scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

If you had to pick one of these rock chicks to be the best for both musical talent and looks equally who would it be, Hayley Williams, Maria Brink, Amy Lee or Christina Scabbia?

What's your least favourite part of Rock and Metal? You can take it to mean the music or the general scene.
    Its a cliché at this point but I have to say the elitism that is rampant throughout a lot of metalheads.
    candy-gal1 wrote: »
    If you had to pick one of these rock chicks to be the best for both musical talent and looks equally who would it be, Hayley Williams, Maria Brink, Amy Lee or Christina Scabbia?
    Maria Brink. She is stunning looking and can sing both clean and growled vocals briliiantly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I might as well ask this for everyones ITP.

Edit: nope, Knifey Spoony has in turn stolen my question, I'll think of something else later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Black Magician

Why is it I still have you on my ignore list, is it because you called me a troll and got yourself an infraction? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Max whats the most criminally underrated album you've ever heard and whY?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Do you play a musical instrument and if so what?

If you do, what music styles do you play, Metal or other?

What do you do when you're not rocking out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Is there any band out there who everybody raves about but you just don't fcukin get at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

what is the heaviest album that you have ever heard? (whatever your interpretation of heavy is) and then, whats is the most extreme/brutal album you've ever heard?

Black Magician - you are on my ignore list (as you may remember from a previous thread)so I cant see your post
    Max whats the most criminally underrated album you've ever heard and whY?
    Again its a cliché to say it, but St Anger. For me, especially the sound mix on the DVD as opposed to the actual album. I actually dig the "aggression" feel that they were going for, and I think it sounds well, especially the second half of the album
    Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Do you play a musical instrument and if so what?

If you do, what music styles do you play, Metal or other?

I used to play bass a good few years ago but gave up. I couldnt play now if I tried :p
    What do you do when you're not rocking out?
    I enjoy playing madden (american football) on the xbox and football manager. Im also quite into my cars, so I like watching the likes of Top Gear and Wheeler Dealers.

And also obviously posting on boards!
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Is there any band out there who everybody raves about but you just don't fcukin get at all?
    Dream Theater. Every single metal head seems to love them but I just dont get it.
    what is the heaviest album that you have ever heard? (whatever your interpretation of heavy is) and then, whats is the most extreme/brutal album you've ever heard?
    I suppose that depends on your interpretation of "heavy". Probably Panzer Division by Marduk, just because I was totally blown away when I heard it first. Im not really into "extreme" or "brutal" metal, so, short of the likes of Carcass or Marduk, there isnt really any that I listened to or owned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Whats the most under rated band in metal do you think?

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Whats the most under rated band in metal do you think?
    Im going to say avenged sevenfold. (Bear with me ;)).

They are derided by the vast majority of metal fans for being somewhat of a poser/emo band. Their first two albums (Waking the Fallen & Sounding the Seventh Trumpet) are actually good. Those two albums are often under rated by metal fans (or ignored completely) due to the image of the "emo" albums that followed, coupled with a complete change in vocal styling from growled to clean.

Compare this (as a good example of their early work)

With this (the crap that followed)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Whats the best and worse gigs you have been to?

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    Whats the best and worse gigs you have been to?
    Probably the best gig (despite the awful sound and location) was metallica in 2009. Just because I was a fan of all the support aswell as Metallica.

Worst gig would have to be Trivium in the ambassador in 2008. I still enjoyed the gig and all, but it is the only metal gig Ive gone to where I was seated and not standing. Its really hard to enjoy the gig in that situation - feeling somewhat cut off from the gig, its not much different from watching it on dvd at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Maybe vague, but rock music or metal?

Mushy wrote: »
    Maybe vague, but rock music or metal?
    It comes down to your definition of "rock" and your definition of "metal".

I like metal, from the likes of deicide to megadeth. I also like good rock music, from airbourne to ZZ top. If I had to pick one over the other its metal ftw though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

In your opinion Max Power1, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?*

*Assuming the woodchuck is listening to Metallica, of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement