Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eh Whats your feckin problem A-hole

• 29-09-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭

So i got myself an X box when the slim came out a few months ago. I'm really enjoying the exclusives that i missed throughout out the years. Just finished Gears of war , Splinter cell:conviction and am currently playing Mass effect 1. I only have 1 friend on my friends list and i know him in RL which is fine. He recently convinced me to pick up MW2 which i already have for my PS3 and we have been playing that for the past few nights.

The thing is this.

What the hell is wrong with you X boxers? I've been called a Fvckin retard, Fvckin Cvnt told my mother is a Cvnt told to get fvcked and many many many other choice names.
    It is not only 10 yr olds that shout this kind of abuse, last night i was abused within an inch of my life by two 'Mature' sounding scousers.
    Why do a lot of people feel the need to act this way on Live? Is it just what people have come to expect so certain people feel the need to provide this kind of abuse? I don't know it's very odd.

Can anyone give reasons for this kind of behaviour? or Do any of you partake in this kind of behaviour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

weiland79 wrote: »
    So i got myself an X box when the slim came out a few months ago. I'm really enjoying the exclusives that i missed throughout out the years. Just finished Gears of war , Splinter cell:conviction and am currently playing Mass effect 1. I only have 1 friend on my friends list and i know him in RL which is fine. He recently convinced me to pick up MW2 which i already have for my PS3 and we have been playing that for the past few nights.

The thing is this.

What the hell is wrong with you X boxers? I've been called a Fvckin retard, Fvckin Cvnt told my mother is a Cvnt told to get fvcked and many many many other choice names.
    It is not only 10 yr olds that shout this kind of abuse, last night i was abused within an inch of my life by two 'Mature' sounding scousers.
    Why do a lot of people feel the need to act this way on Live? Is it just what people have come to expect so certain people feel the need to provide this kind of abuse? I don't know it's very odd.

Can anyone give reasons for this kind of behaviour? or Do any of you partake in this kind of behaviour?

People get mighty big when they can talk without consequence.

When I was ten I was playing atext based multi user dungeon for 5 minutes and I was swearing happily at people. I don't do it now, but it had a magic appeal for 5 minutes. For some people, the appeal can last for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

<to be said in scouse accent>alright alright calm down calm down. </to be said in scouse accent>

mute is your friend, man. as is report.

xbl lets people facelessly interact with others. some people are idiots. What happened to you happens to all of us. best bet is to leave them behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

Is this MW2 or all xbox games, I think it's the culture in MW2 some type of triable conduct like rival gangs, a bit like football hooliganism, everyone looking for a fight just because there the opposition. Or the other solution could be you are a Fvckin retard, Fvckin Cvnt your mother is a Cvnt unlikely though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Get battlefield bad company 2. only ever had two mongs like that in all the months I've been playing it and i just left the squad and then ya can't hear them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

i have to admit when i was younger and first got xbox live on the original xbox I was a complete little f*cker for doing this. I think it was mostly in retaliation at first, because at the time, and even nowadays, the majority of american players I was matched with were smug, arrogant pr*cks who thought they were amazing. it was great winding people up for no reason, the appeal soon wore off though.

I find now ignoring them and then teabagging them when I destroy them is the best response, its amazing how mad people can get over a video game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

While some people consider the fact that every console comes bundled with a mic to be a good thing, sometimes I wonder. :o

Anyway OP, just ignore/mute them or better yet, only use teamspeak when in a party with your mates, that way you'll be sure you won't hear them. As for the practice in general, I heard just as much **** spouted by people during the CS days so it doesn't tend to bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

It's funny actually because i'm only on level 16 on the X box but i've around the block more than a few times on the PS3 so know the maps inside out. People are expecting a complete noob and aren't happy bunnies when i hand them there ass. Cue abuse from idiot scouse cvnt.
    Anyway mute all the way from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

What the hell is wrong with you X boxers?
    Please don't label everyone. There are loads of great, friendly and fun people to play with.
    But John Gabriel's Internet F***wad theory is in fully effect.
    Anonymity & audience = Stupidity.

I had the exact same, horrible & terrible experience on Left 4 Dead 2 on pc when playing my first match recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

Xbox Live hard men!!!! You'll find pleanty more of them out there, only way t resolve it wold be Jay & Silent Bob style like the end of Strike Back they use their money to track down all who talked ****e online about them called to their doors and knocked the living Sh*te out of them! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Get battlefield bad company 2. only ever had two mongs like that in all the months I've been playing it and i just left the squad and then ya can't hear them!

I used to play BF2142 an awful lot and the only time I got anything close to abuse (and granted it was text not speech and on the PC) was some idiot who accused me of using wall hacks when I killed him after hearing him bouncing (literally) around in a tunnel. I used to play MW2 on Live a bit, but the **** people would come out with was really off-putting. To be honest I'm thinking of selling my Xbox, not just because of crap like that but playing online is just more enjoyable on PC in my opinion. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Adyx wrote: »
    I used to play BF2142 an awful lot and the only time I got anything close to abuse (and granted it was text not speech and on the PC) was some idiot who accused me of using wall hacks when I killed him after hearing him bouncing (literally) around in a tunnel. I used to play MW2 on Live a bit, but the **** people would come out with was really off-putting. To be honest I'm thinking of selling my Xbox, not just because of crap like that but playing online is just more enjoyable on PC in my opinion. :(
    Battlefield are a Much more mature audience thankfully :D I've even played with a kid who was no more than 12 and he wasn't insulting!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Headset x (The Internet + anonymity + 15 year old) = Trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

I'm in the same boat as the OP, after many years of playing friends' Xboxes finally took the plunge when Halo:Reach came out.

Enjoying the exclusives and very happy with my purchase.

But there seems to be quite a few abusive morons on Live, who freely abuse for the slightest thing.

Mute has seen a lot of use!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

People are expecting a complete noob and aren't happy bunnies when i hand them there ass

Just thinking about what i said here and when i say hand them their ass what i really mean is do resonably well and shoot them in the face occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

If you want to play MW2 with a few boardies you could look here and add a few to your friends list.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055952610

I played with a fair few of them before and had some good games.

But as was said before there are idoits in all games, At the moment they seems to be a lot playing Halo Reach and when Medal of Honour arrives there will be a lot playing that as well, but just mute or avoid them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Well, it's pretty much all been said before, both on this thread and millions of others like it.

If you want to use XBL, either find yourself some similarly minded people to play with regularly or mute the people you don't want to listen to.

Forum's like this have plenty of communities established for every game out there. If Boards doesn't have one already, then create one or just goggle till you do find one.

Don't worry, there's equally as many chilled out and decent people on XBL as there are morons, it's just hard to hear them above the screaming kids :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    You get as many idiots on PC gaming as you do on live, it depends on what game you are playing. If you are playing something that requires some thinking like a flight sim you tend to get less idiots.

Totally agree with this. The amount of idiots you find in games depends on the game , not the platform. For me, MW2 and World of Warcraft have the highest proportion of idiots of any games I've ever played. Great games, but by god, there is some amount of numpties playing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Not the words I would use, but suitably apt.
    internetdickwad.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I see a lot of this in Halo and CoD than in any other game to be honest. Both those series in particular just seem to be a magnet to absolute w@nkheads. I played BFBC2 online for months and never had any problems, it seems to attract a more sensible crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

In bc2 you can hear only your squad members chat ( 3 at the most ) so the risk of verbal abuse is minimal and as raze said you can leave the squad if you do encounter abuse.
    When someone does send me abusive messages I just reply back ''Love you too'' and then block communications :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

When someone does send me abusive messages I just reply back ''Love you too'' and then block communications :D

The difference is you deserve that abuse, Shoveltooth! :D

I'm guessing you've sent out a lot of love over XBL then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

The difference is you deserve that abuse, Shoveltooth! :D
    Love you too
    *Puts Moose on ignore list*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    You get as many idiots on PC gaming as you do on live, it depends on what game you are playing. If you are playing something that requires some thinking like a flight sim you tend to get less idiots.

I know and I wasn't trying to suggest that PC gaming is some sort of holy grail compared to Xbox Live. But this is my personal experience on the two platforms. Even in MW1 which I played very regularly on the PC, the other players were, for the most part pretty civilised. I think on-line console gaming has become a victim of it's own success, as has MW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I must be so average at these games i am invisible. Never had any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

My xbox live voice setting is at zero, and has been for months i turned it up one day just to see why they were all chatting (not too common that eeryone but me has got a mic on in hardcore search on mw2) and it was a load of ten year olds going nuts, sad how there parents let them away with this, especially so late at night!?!
    I only turn my voice setting back up when i am in a party with friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

It's funny actually because i'm only on level 16 on the X box but i've around the block more than a few times on the PS3 so know the maps inside out. People are expecting a complete noob and aren't happy bunnies when i hand them there ass. Cue abuse from idiot scouse cvnt.
    Anyway mute all the way from now on.

I was the same. I think I was like rank 5 and with a ****e class when I went into a game of free for all with some fellas of various larger ranks and won the match in about 4 minutes.my score was treble the nearest I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

The thing is this.

I have mw2 on ps3 and 360 , abuse is givin equally on both consoles, its sometimes better on the ps3 as most users dont have mics but sometimes worse as thoses that do have mics have their volumes on full blast.
    You can set your settings to friends only which means you can only hear/talk and send/receive messages to people that are on your friends list.
    Its the game that brings out the abuse unfortunately, there is rarely abuse given on games like bc and graw , but yet cod and halo are full of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Am I the only person in the world who's set his XBox up to block all voice comms from people who aren't my friends? Seriously, why would you bother with the stress of listening to these tards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Even if you mute people some of them go out of their way to send you messages. Call of Duty and Fifa have a serious amount of mentally challenged people on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I just switch on the headset and leave it next to the tv so i cant hear any of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement