Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eh Whats your feckin problem A-hole

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Even if you mute people some of them go out of their way to send you messages. Call of Duty and Fifa have a serious amount of mentally challenged people on
    The minority though, especially in comparision. Could count the amount of abusive messages I've gotten on one hand, and I play MP almost every night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

We used to counter the kids on gears 1 by having one of the lads putting his wireless headset on full volume and anytime he put it down on a flat surface there was a screeching sound think it ws a fault in those headsets , anyway we would leave it for a few minutes and usually shut the mouths up. Mind you the same lad got a warning recently over having something in the line of "all yanks are knobheads" as his gamertag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Personally, I like silently out-gunning them. Not on MW2, as I don't play it, but on other games where people's mouths are far bigger than their brains. I often pack a head-set with the mic turned off so I can hear them rave and rant, but can't reply, and then simply shoot them. They get a lot more annoyed when you're bringing the fight to them without hauling your own verbal abuse back to combat theirs.
    Of course this doesn't always work, as sometimes you get the kinda players who have the skills to back up their boasts... in which case, ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭stopusingoil

FPS for children/low IQ adults : MW2

FPS for intelligent mature strategists : BFBC2

Seriously, don't play MW2. You may think you are playing it because it is the best FPS, but you only think it is the best FPS because it is the most popular FPS, and the only reason it is the most popular FPS is because so much money was spent on marketing/advertising for Call of Duty games.

If however, you are looking for a game that is as simple 'aim and shoot' then keep playing MW2.

And for those of you (moderators) who think this post is off-topic or unhelpful look at the first line I wrote. It answers OP's question so get off my back :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I just posted this over on the gamertag thread and thought I'd post it here too.

Anyone interested in playing Battlefield Bad Company 2, Boards has it's own community for 360 users. You'll easily find the thread for it. It's one of the most popular 360 threads.

We always welcome new people to play with us. We have plenty of slagging and messing on the thread. We refer to ourselves as the IRL clan but we're more of a bunch gamers who enjoy playing the game together instead of with randomers.

All we require is that you don't cheat or boost and that you've a mature attitude towards gaming and online interactions with other players. We don't tolerate the type of behaviour you hear on MW2 or Halo... I'm sure you know what I mean wink.gif

We've also got a second thread running for the same members to play the upcoming Medal Of Honor and Black Ops games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

I've played quite a bit of Reach and MW2, and I've had maybe one abusive person. My advice? Don't play Team Slayer/Team Deathmatch, it just attracts the most ignorant yokes. Objective gametypes are more fun anyway. Just my opinion though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Kharn wrote: »
    Am I the only person in the world who's set his XBox up to block all voice comms from people who aren't my friends? Seriously, why would you bother with the stress of listening to these tards?

Yeah, I've done that before, because the games I play most (MW2 and FIFA), seem to attract a ridiculous high amount of retards.

The problem is, that in FIFA, you can't use your player hub to accept clubs invites from people on your friends list if you restrict communications to people on your friends list. The whole thing gets blocked.

Tempted to give BF:BC2 a go, just from what people are saying in this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

If you think only just Xboxers are like this you are a fVcking cVnt.

I have the playstation a laptop and the wii, and guess which console doesn't have assholes on it.

I shall say no more......

(For the eejets out there the wii has the least assholes on it).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

We've also got a second thread running for the same members to play the upcoming Medal Of Honor and Black Ops games.

Fixed for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Fixed for you.

Of course you won't buy CoD:BO, there's no bushes to hide in :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

assholery is not something inherited from owning a microsoft product. The thread is borderline trolling and clearly Mlindsey fell into the trap by getting abusive.

So as per charter one week ban for Mlindsey with my sympathy and a lesson in not feeding the troll

and thread closed to stop the madness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement