Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublinbikes annual renewal query

Options
  • 29-09-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Does anyone know if your annual account expires, do they only renew it the next time you hire a bike?
    Has anyone been refused a bike with a card that has just unexpectedly expired?

I signed up to the Dublin Bike scheme as soon as it became available last year.
    I don't live in Dublin, so use the service irregularly, but remembered it started in September.
    I will be in Dublin for two days this week, so logged on to my account this morning just to make sure I'd be able to hire DBs.

My account details tell me that the account expired on 13th September and that my balance is -€10 .
    There's no option to simply renew - only to change credit card details.
    My credit card details have not changed this year.

The 13th is 2 weeks ago, and I have received no email either saying there was a problem,
    or that my account had been automatically renewed (as I was expecting).
    I've seen some recent threads here where people mentioned receiving email,
    or complaining that they were charged a euro for changing credit card details.

Should I expect to be able to hire a bike tomorrow, or make alternative arrangements?
    Any feedback welcome! I've sent a message to DB via contact form also, but would be interested in hearing other people's experiences.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

There is more information on the dublin bike website, but I think it says there is an automatic renewal unless you specify otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

That's exactly the impression it gives. I did search the site thoroughly.
    I'm posting because it's not what happened!

My account is recorded as having expired two weeks ago,
    but I haven't hired a bike since.

I was trying to find out had anyone else had this experience, and did they renew
    the account the next time a bike was hired.
    Thanks for the reply. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

Check your spam folder for any emails - I got an email 4 weeks before renewal was due
    Dear stuf,

Your dublinbikes annual subscription xxxxx is due for renewal on 11 October 2010. Unless you wish to unsubscribe to the dublinbikes scheme your account will automatically be renewed and the re-subscription fee of €10 will be charged to your credit card. If required, you can update your credit card details on the “My Account” section of the website.
    If you do not wish to automatically re-subscribe for the coming year, please contact the dublinbikes call centre on 1850 777 070.

Regards,

dublinbikes team
    T. 1850 777 070
    For more information visit www.dublinbikes.ie

Please do not reply to this email directly, contact us via www.dublinbikes.ie
    Replies to this email will not be read or responded to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I got one of those e-mails too. Any chance your e-mail address has changed?

Advertisement