Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in Patrick street/Dublin8 area

• 29-09-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

since eircom have started to charge for going over the usage allowance i'm thinking of switching my phone and broadband service to upc.i'm currently playing eircom about 55 a month base for 3mb bb and phone line(not including the extra charges) and 20 to upc for tv(the basic digital package).but for 70 a month i can get 15mb bb,slightly better tv package and a phone line if i get it all from upc.so my question is do you or know anyone in the patrick street/d8 area with upc bb?is the service good?i had it about a year and a half ago,speeds where great in the during the daytime but in the evenings it was like dial up.i've had no problems with eircom but with the extra charges it kinda makes sense to switch if upc are ok.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

i ve been with upc for the last 2 years , moved from esat bt back in the days..
    never had too much hassle with them, except in the last month the phone wasnt working for 2 weeks,and the broadband had some serious downtimes, but overall i still think its the best value for money service being offered out there

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Yip

did they give any reason why your phone was down?or refund/put credit onto your account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

no didnt get a word from them about refunds.. i rang them , there was always an answering machine msg saying that they were aware of those problems..
    then i waited to see how long it would take to get it fixed,and it was sorted last sat
    today i got a text from them sayin that they apologise for the inconvenience!

Advertisement