Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAP Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

Dr McManus wrote: »
    Does anyone know what SAP are like to work for?
    I have been offered a job working for them in Galway.
    I would like to know what they are like.
    I am Managing Director of a my own company.

If you are managing director of your own company and it's as successful as you imply, what made you consider taking a job in SAP? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

JustMary wrote: »
    Applying for what?

I guess partly it will depend on whether any vacancy they have requires research skills.

Applying for a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

forumfiend wrote: »
    If you are managing director of your own company and it's as successful as you imply, what made you consider taking a job in SAP? :)

Attractive; salary, working conditions, training, benefits.
    Also to grow my business further, I thought the contacts I would make with SAP internationally would be of benefit. Networking in other words.
    I was head hunted for a position by SAP, but declined the offer.
    I was also offered another job at the same time, and decided (after much deliberation) to take that offer instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

Attractive; salary, working conditions, training, benefits.
    Also to grow my business further, I thought the contacts I would make with SAP internationally would be of benefit. Networking in other words.
    I was head hunted for a position by SAP, but declined the offer.
    I was also offered another job at the same time, and decided (after much deliberation) to take that offer instead.

How a reasonably good thread to start with can turn into something awful. It's like a pedestal for you to blow your own trumpet IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 user1284

I've just applied last week to a technical writer position at SAP. Does anyone know what the hiring process is? I've heard there are 3 stages to it. And does anyone know how much an (inexperienced) technical writer would make? Cheers!

• Advertisement

I applied for that position also but I didn't get it because I failed the first round exam. They were looking for a 90% minimum score in the grammar test. That was part one of the examination overall. Part two was a nightmare. They gave me 3 long technical passages in a word doc. They were all over the place (format, sequence, fonts, grammar everything) so I had to rearrange them all and try to make sense of them. I was really constrained by time in part two. I wouldn't like to do it again that's for sure. Then again, that was just my experience. Maybe if you have a knack for that kind of thing you would be okay. The grammar was fine but I don't know where I failed overall in the examination because they don't give feedback. I may have been a bit complacent perhaps. I mean how difficult could a grammar test be? :eek:

Hope this helps. Oh yeah, make sure you know your MS Word shortcuts and no offence but your grammar in the test would need to be a bit better that the grammar/word structure in your post.

Before I forget; I also had to answer/describe the following:

1) Explain what the internet is to your grandmother in 3 sentences.
    2) Describe how a telephone works.
    3) Why do I want to work for SAP?
    4) What can you do for your manager? (That sounds dodgy :D but you know what I mean.)

So apart from completing the main parts of the test, these have to be completed also and the time goes VERY quickly during it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 user1284

Thanks for that, it's very informative! (Point taken about the grammar of my previous post, but I think you're being rather pedantic. This is the internet, after all. It isn't as though I'm trying to get a job based on my writing in a boards post. :rolleyes:) But the rest of it was very good information, thanks again!:D

user1284 wrote: »
    but I think you're being rather pedantic.

My apologies. I was just pointing out that that's the kind of thing they will be looking at in the examination if you get one. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it. Best of luck with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement