Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A "confused" Colchester fan speaks!!!

• 29-09-2010 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭

Forum Post Of The Day from Football365:

From oxonmoron:

'Watching Colchester can be dismal and it's usually pretty uneventful, but last night I had the most bizarre and disturbing evening I can remember. As Paul, the bloke I normally go to games with, was working, I arranged to sit next to 'Clive' (not his real name), someone to whom Paul introduced me a couple of seasons ago and whom I've met a few times since. You get a lot of blokes like him at lower league football - mid 40s, scruffy, slightly dribbly. Last time I saw him, about six months ago, he told me he'd just split from his wife. I think I know why...

'I took my seat at kick-off and wondered where he'd got to. A couple of minutes into the game, I absent-mindedly stepped aside to let a woman take her seat, my concentration being on the game. Only when 'she' said "No, that's my seat" did I recognise the voice and realise it was "Clive", wearing a long chestnut-coloured wig, an excess of foundation, which didn't quite cover the 5 o'clock shadow, and a vat of cheap perfume. He'd hastily painted his nails, but in a concession to normality was wearing his Colchester United shirt, albeit stuffed with who knows what to create the impression of tits.

'Once I'd got over the (considerable) shock, I began to wonder about how this must look to all the other blokes sat round us - "Oh dear, I don't fancy yours much" "Oh, you make a lovely couple" and all that. I found it quite hard to concentrate on the game.'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Haha.......:D

Awkward!!! esp if their team won and they jumped up hugging:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Couldn't see that happening in Aviva!

Advertisement