Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorybits.co.uk 60% off for 24 hours

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

I received one of my 2 orders last Monday, but the second one has not arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I ordered 2 items off them during the sale.
    What can be done if I don't receive them?
    Can I request the bank charge back seeing as I paid with Credit Card?
    Not looking good at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Spent about €11 on two usb keys. No sign of them yet. Paid through paypal, any chance I'd get the money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

They usually send me mails everyday with special offers (Which I usually avail of :D) but have not received anything since that 60% sale that they had on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

bollocks anyway! got two orders off them during the sale, one which came but still waiting on the other :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, turns out they've gone into administration!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Feckit! I got one order delivered ok, but the second never went through (wasn't charged for it). Got an email saying they would be in touch to get "extra information required" - then... nothing.

Well at least that explains what was going on. I think it was very dishonest of the company to advertise a "60% off sale" when in fact it was a closing down sale. I would certainly have been more wary.

I hope that anyone else who ordered (and paid) gets sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

It looks like all is not lost! I received this email this morning:
    MemoryBits are now under new ownership!
    The new owners of this website are now The Rok Group. The previous owners are in the process of going into liquidation, and have called a meeting of the creditors of the company in relation to this. Further details will be posted as they become available.
    Please do not worry about your recent order with us. From our records, we see that you are still awaiting delivery of your order placed recently. During the time since placing your order, MemoryBits has undergone a change of ownership and The Rok Group are pleased to announce the purchase of this site on 14 October 2010.
    The Rok Group has no association with the previous shareholders or Boards of the previous owners of this website.
    We are pleased to announce that we are fully committed to helping all customers with orders identified as being paid for and outstanding, or paid for and not yet fulfilled by the previous owners. These 'outstanding orders' according to records, date back to the period 28 September to 13 October. If you have any queries about an order previous to 28 September 2010, The Rok Group are prepared to look at each case individually - although The Rok Group has no legal obligation to do so. This is the beginning of a new process of striving to achieve excellent levels of Customer Service with all previous and future customers.
    It will take up to 10 days from today for us to get the site fully operational.
    It is our intention to first deal with you, as a matter of priority, as a valued customer with an outstanding order. As you have been affected by this change of ownership, we will be contacting you again in the next few days and you will be offered a number of options to resolve your particular order. We are working with the previous owners payment providers to resolve this situation as fast as possible.
    We appreciate that this may have been a stressful time for you having not heard from us sooner, particularly when no information or contact has been provided to date. This is the first instance that we, The Rok Group, as the new owners, have been legally able to contact you our valued customer.
    We will begin contacting all of our customers with outstanding orders from Monday 18 October 2010, so that we can begin speedily resolving your order.
    We look forward to contacting you further next week.
    Kind Regards,
    The MemoryBits Team
    (Rok Group Limited)
    www.memorybits.co.uk
    Hopefully they'll sort out any pending orders. I think it's a good sign that they're continuing to use the original company name - at least there is a reputation to fix now for future customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i got my rc helicopter but not the media player i ordered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Made contact with zoombits today via their livechat facility on the website, asked about my outstanding order this was the reply

Belinda: ZoomBits.co.uk is now under brand new ownership by Rok Group Limited, as of 14 October 2010. The previous owners are continuing in the process of going into liquidation, and have called a meeting of the creditors of the company in relation to this; to which further details will be posted on our website as they become available.

Belinda: We have now begun the process of individually analysing each and every outstanding order within our records that we have inherited from the previous owners.

Belinda: Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to verify or fulfil your original order made before Rok Group's new ownership of ZoomBits.co.uk. Although Rok Group has no legal obligation to fulfil this order, we certainly do not want to cause you any extra trouble - we are very aware that you have been caught up in the Company's 'change of ownership process'. In order for this situation to be resolved as quickly as possible, we highly recommend that you begin the process of claiming back any monies that have left your account in relation to this order from your Credit / Debit Card provider.

Belinda: We fully acknowledge that on this particular occasion, this may have been a stressful shopping experience with ZoomBits.Co.Uk. We assure you that as the brand new owners of this already successful store, this is the beginning of a new process of striving to achieve excellent levels of Customer Service with all previous and future customers.

Belinda: Although it will take up to a week from today for us to get the site fully operational, we would like to offer you a 25% OFF EVERYTHING promotional code to use at checkout when we are up and running once more. Your promo code: ROK25 is valid until 7 November 2010

Belinda: We thank you for your time, patience and hope to see you shopping at Zoombits.co.uk in the future.

Belinda: Kind Regards

Belinda: The Rok Fulfilment Team

Belinda: (Rok Group Limited)

Belinda: Please note that Rok Group has no association with the previous shareholders or Boards of the previous owners of this website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

just got this email:
    Dear Timmy Xxxxxxx

Important information regarding your outstanding order

As you are now aware from the email we sent to you over the weekend, memorybits.co.uk are now under the brand new ownership of the Rok Group Limited, as of 14 October 2010. The previous owners are continuing in the process of going into liquidation, and have called a meeting of the creditors of the company in relation to this; further details will be posted on our website as they become available.

As advised in our previous email sent earlier this week, we have now begun the process of individually analysing each and every outstanding order left unfulfilled by the previous owners. We believe that you may still be awaiting delivery of your order. Despite us having no legal obligation with regards to this order, over the last couple of days our teams have been working hard and doing our best to help you where possible, and hope that you will continue to use our site in the future.

Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to fulfil your original order made before Rok Group's new ownership of memorybits.co.uk. Therefore and in order for this situation to be resolved as quickly as possible, we highly recommend that you begin the process of claiming back any monies that have left your account in relation to this order. We are in discussions with the collection agents to try to help expedite any claim for refunds.

We fully acknowledge that on this particular occasion, this may have been a stressful shopping experience with memorybits.co.uk. We assure you that as the brand new owners of this already successful store, this is the beginning of a new process of striving to achieve excellent levels of customer service with all previous and future customers.

Although it will take up to a week from today for us to get the site fully operational, we would like to offer you a 25% OFF EVERYTHING promotional code to use at checkout when we are up and running once more. Your promo code: ROK25 is valid until 7 November 2010.

We thank you for your time, patience and hope to see you shopping at memorybits.co.uk in the future.

Kind Regards

The MemoryBits Team
    (Rok Group Limited)
    www.memorybits.co.uk
    Please note that Rok Group has no association with the previous shareholders or Boards of the previous owners of this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Got the same email. Had already opened a dispute with paypal a week or two back. Fully expect not to see a penny of that money again. Luckily it was only about €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Just got a refund from Paypal :D.

Never thought I'd be typing this but.......

Well done Paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

Got a full refund from Paypal today for my undelivered order, most happy, then I received this email from ROK Group/Memorybits offering me a credit to the value of my uncompleted order. Seems fairly good at first glance. Anyone see a catch?

Dear *******
    Your Complimentary Gift Voucher / Credit Code
    Gift Voucher from the Rok Group to the value of: £13.56
    Gift Voucher Credit Code: ***** -*/////
    Please note: This is a one time use only gift voucher/credit code. You should not share this code with anyone. This code expires on 31 December 2010.
    As we explained in detail in our last email we unfortunately have been unable to fulfil your order which we believe was unfulfilled by the previous owners of the web site.
    We are recommending to all customers whose orders we have been unable to fulfil that you begin the process of claiming back any monies that have left your account in relation to this order immediately. If you encounter any difficulties with this please let us know and we will try and help you.
    Rok Group have been and continue to be in discussions with the payment agents to aid the refund process. We do not have your banking/credit card details and the banks and credit card companies cannot legally share this data with us because of data protection issues.
    We will post the liquidators details on the web site once they have been appointed following the creditors meeting of the previous owners of the web site.
    It was not our intention that you would have to go through this process and we are really sorry for the inconvenience it is causing you. We also recognise that it may take some time for you to get your money back.
    We therefore have decided to commit our funds to providing you with a Gift Voucher / Credit Code to use on our sites EQUAL IN VALUE to the amount of your unfulfilled order. Details of your Gift Voucher code are set out above. Please note that this Gift Voucher/Credit Code expires on 31 December 2010. These Gift Vouchers/Credit Codes cannot be used in conjunction with other offers on the web site. If you are having any difficulties contact the help desk who will be happy to help you maximise the value of our offers.
    This offer of a Gift Voucher / Credit Code does not prevent you from being able to reclaim your monies from the bank/credit card company or from the liquidator.
    If you have a part fulfilled order we understand that you may be encountering difficulties reclaiming your monies and we are having ongoing discussions with the payment agents to obtain detailed instructions regarding making a reclaim in these circumstances. We will write to those affected as soon as we have further information.
    Finally Rok Group is offering all customers affected by the liquidation of the previous owners a special 25% OFF EVERYTHING promotional code. 'ROK25' entitles you to 25% OFF everything and is valid until 7 November 2010.
    We value you as a customer of our web site. Although we have no legal obligation to do so we are striving to help you in every way possible.
    We thank you for your time, patience and hope to see you shopping at lovememory.co.uk in the future.
    Kind Regards
    The lovememory.co.uk Team
    (Rok Group Limited)
    www.lovememory.co.uk
    Please note that Rok Group has no association with the previous shareholders or Boards of the previous owners of this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If anybody paid by credit card and didn't receive the goods, ring the cc company asap.
    Explain what has happened and then write a letter to the cc company outlining what you have told them on the phone.
    Get a chargeback against the company and you will get your money back (might take a whole though).
    You are covered by law if you don't receive the goods but start the ball rolling asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭icrusader

hi there
    i just got off the phone with nicole from memorybits and she has given me an assurance that my original order will be fulfilled and i received an email confirming the new order so it might be worth trying to sort things out with them..
    i hope i am not being naive because the poor girl sounded a bit battered after being bombarded with complaints so i wanted to give her and memorybits a chance to sort things out.
    ( i was a bit irate at first)angry-smiley-030.gif

i promise to post back about if the stuff arrives or not

Advertisement