Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TS figures?

Options
  • 29-09-2010 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just hoping someone can explain these to me. I used to concentrate on form and a couple of other things but want to introduce speed figures aswell.
    When I look at a racing post card for kempton tonight lets say the 8:50.
    Charlie delta has the highest TS figure, is that good or bad?
    Should ts figures be part of your reason for selecting a horse.
    As you can tell I'm still learning :D
    Any info would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

It all depends really. A low TS rating on a well exposed horse suggests that stepping back in trip from their normal distance is a bad idea, no? That is unless there is a massive amount of pace in the race and/or it run on testing ground etc. Conversely, a high speed rating in a race with little or no pace would be a good thing...

The thing about the RP speed ratings is they don't tell you when and where they were achieved. It appears to be an arbitrary number which I'm sure its not. Its not something that would influence my handicapping strongly but it is another little bit of information to help decide the likeliest winner.

Advertisement