Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra quiet pub. Particularly on a friday night

Options
  • 29-09-2010 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi. I wonderin if any one can help me. I've to conduct a series of interviews in Galway. My interviewees choose the location and so I keep ending up in some noisy pubs. Could anyone tell me where I can find ultra quiet pubs where there is no music and few people in the city centre. I think Dominic street has a really quiet pub. I might have an interview for this friday evening at 9. Can anyone tell me the name of it and is it quiet at that hour of the night? any other pubs?

All help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Brun's is probably the quite one on dominick street.

I would say your best bet is to choose a hotel bar like the imperial or something.
    I doubt they'd be too loud. I dont know for sure though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

You might find a quiet corner in the Galway Arms but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

MacAlindens on Dominic doesn't have music and is quite quiet.
    But as mentioned above, go with a hotel bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Buskers is usually very quiet until 10.30 or so and they keep the music low until later aswell. We often go in there around this time on a Friday for a swift quiet one before we move on to the real madness:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I had to attend an interview that was in the Courtyard Marriot on the Headford road. Brilliant place for such an occasion but this was on a Wednesday afternoon. I imagine it wouldn't be much use on a Friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Wards in Salthill or The Old Forge next door to Massimos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

dafunk wrote: »
    Wards in Salthill or The Old Forge next door to Massimos.
    That Old Forge place is a strange one isn't it. I've been in Galway years and I only ever had one pint there. Felt like I was in a club house or something. Anyone here ever go there regular?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

ok, not in the city centre but try the front and foyer of the Menlo Park entrance - it's quiet, just buy a few coffees and they'll be happy with ye. staff are nice and polite in my experience

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Paddy Fahys in Bohermore, always quite

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

mike kelly wrote: »
    Paddy Fahys in Bohermore, always quite

I'd vote for this one too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Bar Number 8 is pretty quiet I think ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mentalists

Thanks for all the info everyone. I've plenty options to work with here now

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

galwaybabe wrote: »
    That Old Forge place is a strange one isn't it. I've been in Galway years and I only ever had one pint there. Felt like I was in a club house or something. Anyone here ever go there regular?

Yes, I frequent it. I like the strangeness. You need to be in a certain frame of mind for it though, a certain not-quite-sober frame of mind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

Galway Arms always seems very dead - i'd definitely try there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

biko wrote: »
    MacAlindens on Dominic doesn't have music and is quite quiet.
    I was there for one last night and can certainly vouch for the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chris.b

galwaybabe wrote: »
    The Old Forge is a great place to go. Nice Guinness, good price, decent place if you need a bit of quite. You have to get over the club house feeling. If you are willing to get involved in a bit of banter you will be fine. The locals love a bit of chat as long as your not too head wrecking:D as they will put you in your place, young pup!

Advertisement