Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Heating Oil

Options
  • 29-09-2010 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has done a ring around the oil companies for prices yet?

I will make a few calls this afternoon, and will post up my findings!!

xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

Sligo fuels were at 660euro for a 1000lts yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

http://www.jonesoil.ie/

1000 LTS of Kero for 635

Note, buy it online and not on the phone because the office can't match the online price.

They have always been the best price that I could ever find

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

dardevle wrote: »

Sligo fuels were at 660euro for a 1000lts yesterday.

or 350euro for 500lts. just asked this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, asked in Sligo Fuels a week or two back, and it was €350 for 500 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Grange fuel was 345 for 500 last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 caseyjones01

m & k were 345 for 500 this wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

Price hike on kero last week and another this week or next week:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

668 for 1000 litres on Jones Oils site today

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Sligo Fuels quoted me €850 for 1300 litres today. It works out at 0.65 cent per litre, or €325 for 500 litres and €650 for 1000 litres. Time to buy I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

690€ Jones Oil website for 1000l price raising quite fast

• Advertisement

Sligo Fuels quoted me €850 for 1300 litres today. It works out at 0.65 cent per litre, or €325 for 500 litres and €650 for 1000 litres. Time to buy I think.

Sligo Fuels have increased their prices to 0.68 cent a litre, a 3 cent per litre price increase since Wednesday.

:eek: just realised that Sligo Fuels were hoping to deliver my fuel tomorrow. How a fuel tanker will get up the hills out my way in these conditions, is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Got 1000l today from texoil for 680€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Got 500L for €360 yesterday from Grange Fuels, delivered at around 6;30 pm, within 4 hours of placing delivery.

Yer man was saying the roads were dodgy enough, but that the weighty tanker lorries are quite good on the snow.

Glad to have it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Just a word of warning I thaught I was sound last year as I have a solid fuel stove for the rads and water as well as oil. Ran out of oil during the snap and it didnt bother me at all when the truck couldnt get up the drive, only to find that the pipes in the boiler hut froze when not in use and it ended up bursting the pump, so that was 200euro to replace once I got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Texoil delivered to me this morning. 365 for 500 litres and because the lane is so icy he reversed all the way up. Bless him.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Checked my oil tank last week and it's about 70% full..

.. RESULT!

bennyc wrote: »
    Just a word of warning I thaught I was sound last year as I have a solid fuel stove for the rads and water as well as oil. Ran out of oil during the snap and it didnt bother me at all when the truck couldnt get up the drive, only to find that the pipes in the boiler hut froze when not in use and it ended up bursting the pump, so that was 200euro to replace once I got it sorted.

You need one those Temperature regulator things (Don't ask me the name of it) It's usually fitted on a wall beside your boiler. You can set it at what ever temp you want = -10c, -5c, 0c, +5c, +10c ect. Mine is set at 0 Celsius, so when the temperature drops below that, the boiler kicks into action for a couple of minutes. This stops freezing/burst pipes.
    When the boiler does come on it won't heat the house, it's only turns on to protect itself. I'm sure they can be retro fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

You need one those Temperature regulator things (Don't ask me the name of it) It's usually fitted on a wall beside your boiler. You can set it at what ever temp you want = -10c, -5c, 0c, +5c, +10c ect. Mine is set at 0 Celsius, so when the temperature drops below that, the boiler kicks into action for a couple of minutes. This stops freezing/burst pipes.
    When the boiler does come on it won't heat the house, it's only turns on to protect itself. I'm sure they can be retro fitted.

Snap....just got my temp set & working....was still in the original wrapping in the boiler itself....

============
    Bronson
    Irish Celica Club Member

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Just got a delivery from Grange Fuels.

Quoted 74c (500 L) per litre but I needed a lot more fuel (800 L) and he gave it to me at 72c.

Also great service. Rang this afternoon and he delivered it a couple of hours later.

Also got a free calendar :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement