Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three 'flexi units'?

Options
  • 29-09-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    If I want to text a foreign number on Three how am I billed?
    Is it an additional cost to the 'flexi unit'? (where one flexi unit = 1 call minute / 2 texts / 500kb interweb)
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You will be charged for the international text depending on where its going. Probably €0.25. Wont come out of your flex units.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

For calling international numbers you can use gocall.ie , Your charged a 30cent connection fee and then what ever the rate is per minute. It won't use your flexi units, the only charge will be the 30cent and whatever the per minute rate is on gocall.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Dam lads!

Have three now near two months, sussed the free voice mail lark, and recloned I had the texts up north sorted with jelly sms app for android.

Turns out they dont support free web texts to international numbers..........

Yet!

Gucky wrote: »

Turns out they dont support free web texts to international numbers..........

Yet!

Vodafone and o2 both do, have dont for quite some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Davy wrote: »
    Vodafone and o2 both do, have dont for quite some time.

Well hopefully from the amound of fellow boardsies that seem to be jumping ship over to three (I am not knocking three in any way) they might (hopefully) introduce it.

Still though, the fact that I can finally call me mates up home on their mobiles without being hammered with international calls is a BLESSING!

I can live without texting so long as calling the north is free!

• Advertisement

Gucky wrote: »
    Well hopefully from the amound of fellow boardsies that seem to be jumping ship over to three (I am not knocking three in any way) they might (hopefully) introduce it.

Well it took 4 years to convince them to get webtexts. They said msn messenger was better and didnt need webtexts.

Advertisement