Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online banking who is the regulator

Options
  • 29-09-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I was wondering does anyone know who looks after issues regarding online banking ,im having trouble with a shower called Neteller ,i moved money from a betting account with Ladbrokes into a Neteller account so as i could withdraw it , as i used them previously to lodge money and they are reccommended by Ladbrokes as there link is on their site , Personally Netteller seems to be a scam .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

What's the problem specifically? I use Neteller all the time with no trouble (apart from the outrageous fees to withdraw from an ATM.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Neteller is not a scam. Without any more detail, no one hear can help you. What exactly is happening, are you following the correct procedure for withdrawing money, is the money actually there?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

At the bottom of their website, it states
    Copyright © NEOVIA Financial ® Plc. All rights reserved. NETELLER (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). The NEOVIA Financial®, NETBANX®, NETELLER® and Net+TM trademarks are the property of NEOVIA Financial Plc. Net+ cards are issued by Conister Bank Limited, pursuant to a licence from MasterCard International Inc. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc. NETELLER is a registered agent of Conister Bank Limited.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 36 urhavinalaugh

jor el wrote: »
    Neteller is not a scam. Without any more detail, no one hear can help you. What exactly is happening, are you following the correct procedure for withdrawing money, is the money actually there?
    Well it all started with there procedure for proof of identity , i had to send a copy of my passport and a ultility bill but when i sent then they were not in the correct format as i had converted the file type from one to another ,big deal . After finally getting them the required identity documents in the correct format ,they have now decided to freeze my account ,i have had enough so i am looking for some sort of ombudsman to intervene:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Well it all started with there procedure for proof of identity , i had to send a copy of my passport and a ultility bill but when i sent then they were not in the correct format as i had converted the file type from one to another ,big deal . After finally getting them the required identity documents in the correct format ,they have now decided to freeze my account ,i have had enough so i am looking for some sort of ombudsman to intervene:confused:

The ombudsman will tell you to féck off at this stage, and rightly so. Their job is not to look at every problem but at issues which have been formally investigated by the insitution and you are not happy with their response. The ombudsman then look at the response and see if you have any case of this.

What reason have they given you that your account has been frozen?? You surely have asked them this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You need to formally complain and atleast allow them to resolve the matter, don't waste your time going to a ombudsman until then

chris85 wrote: »
    The ombudsman will tell you to féck off at this stage, and rightly so. Their job is not to look at every problem but at issues which have been formally investigated by the insitution and you are not happy with their response. The ombudsman then look at the response and see if you have any case of this.

What reason have they given you that your account has been frozen?? You surely have asked them this.
    They want me to reply to them as the identity is not enough for them ,and they require more information,and for that reason my account has been frozen, its dragging on for months ,and for that reason i have highlighted here ,a reply from them can take several weeks so no point in me rushing for them to drag there heels .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cabaal wrote: »
    You need to formally complain and atleast allow them to resolve the matter, don't waste your time going to a ombudsman until then

Couldnt the OP argue that he has given them a few weeks, and they haven't got it sorted yet?

Davy wrote: »
    Couldnt the OP argue that he has given them a few weeks, and they haven't got it sorted yet?

No you need to put a formal complaint in with them and await their response. They have 8 weeks in the UK to do this.

They want me to reply to them as the identity is not enough for them ,and they require more information,and for that reason my account has been frozen, its dragging on for months ,and for that reason i have highlighted here ,a reply from them can take several weeks so no point in me rushing for them to drag there heels .

Exactly what are they looking for? get us up to speed and maybe we can be of assistance.

• Advertisement

chris85 wrote: »
    Exactly what are they looking for? get us up to speed and maybe we can be of assistance.
    Neteller have 240 euro from a Ladbrokes betting account since last April ,and i want MY money back ,so if you can help me resolve it please do !

Neteller have 240 euro from a Ladbrokes betting account since last April ,and i want MY money back ,so if you can help me resolve it please do !

Ok again what info are they looking for?

everything from you so far is a little vague to me to be honest. These people generally dont just freeze accounts for a laugh as they are regulated and is bad customer service so must have a reason.

see link http://insectstore.com/entertainment/financial/is-neteller-com-a-scam

Neteller seems to only freeze accounts if they feel fraudulant activity is occuring so this is mostly likely what they think is happening and want to ensure funds are released to the correct party. I understand you may not be involved in fraudulent activity but they may think there is a something fraudelent occuring with your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

and they require more information

So why not provide the information they require? Or have you already provided it? If you haven't, then no one here can help you. You know what you need to do, and you won't get your money until you follow the procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Is the money a result of winnings or did you deposit money in a Ladbrokes shops with the intention to withdraw it via neteller?

Advertisement