Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pets and Celtic Ferries

Options
  • 29-09-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Anyone have experience with bringing their pet(s) onboard Celtic Ferries from Rosslare -> France?

They state they only accept dogs, cats n ferrits.. and unfortunately we have a rabbit :D

It will be in a cage in a vehicle anyway, do they actually check?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I know I shouldn't really condone this but . . . . . it's not likely to give itself away from being vocal now is it :p

Would you be bringing it back again? Just wondering as Ireland is rabies free but France isn't. I'd make sure it had all it's shots to be on the safe side if your going to go ahead with it. There are plenty of animals comming in to the country for sale in pet shops, I wonder how they get here?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Haha, exactly.

Nope, it's going one-way to the continent and it's had it's shots etc aswell, so it's grand in that respect. I just find it weird that the only animals they'll accept are cats, dogs n ferrits.. if they accept ferrits, why not rabbits? :confused:

There's not many other options anyway, using an air freight company would be in the €600 region!

Advertisement