Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in UL to unlock sim?

Options
  • 29-09-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know if ITD unlock phones, have a meteor phone and my sim is o2. Also, if there is is it for free or am i pushing the boat out a little far on that one? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

AFAIK ITD only support the university hardware and software. We operate a laptop repair centre on campus in the Students union building as ITD do not support students laptop problems (which makes sense (thankfully for us.)

I don't believe there is an on-site mobile phone repair / unlocking service. There was a service a few years ago (2005) but it is no longer available). There are several places in the city that unlock phones but the price depends on the exact phone model. Typically its €20 - €40. I believe there is a place on wickham street and William street. Failing that I know a place in nenagh (20 miles away) that coud help if you have no success in Limerick)

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

Thanks alot unnameduser , I was thinking there was a service once in the past, and at least now i know where to bring a laptop as well.
    I will keep looking around, the phone is a new one but only a tenner, promotion, so don't want to spend over the price. I saw a sign on way through city today saying free sim unlock, cardboard and marker sign so might contain a few t&c's !!

The place on Wickham st. in the city will do it for €20
    Isn't there a nokia center beside the off licence near the groody roundabout?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

What's the model, there are unlocking threads in the mobile forum, you may be able do it your self by using a code generator, that's all most of the shops do

iPwnage wrote: »
    What's the model, there are unlocking threads in the mobile forum, you may be able do it your self by using a code generator, that's all most of the shops do

Cheers iPwnage, Its a NOKIA 1616, I had a good long trawl through mobile forum but couldn't find any unlocking threads besides ones saying to go to network .... could you point me in direction of this code generator, will gladly do it myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sean_mc

Beside fine wines just past Groody roundabout on the way back into city centre theres a phone shop that unlock most phones for 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Pablo_ wrote: »
    Cheers iPwnage, Its a NOKIA 1616, I had a good long trawl through mobile forum but couldn't find any unlocking threads besides ones saying to go to network .... could you point me in direction of this code generator, will gladly do it myself

hey, did a bit of research for you there, so the 1616 is an infineon chip based phones and therefore it is not supported for unlock with RSA method or with patch unlock at the moment

so best bet, if you have spent min 150 on credit/or bill over the lifetime of the phone o2 will unlock it for you for free

http://help.o2online.ie/kb/ps?type=search&search=1&searchtype=1&c=12&cid=21&cpc=3QuDGpBRwU2a7655q6712W06E7iHutov6yve&un=&pw=&searchstring=unlock&cat=&subcat=&att=,&remotesiteid=&remotedbid=&remotefileid=&status=1

thanks iPwnage, at least i know now, will just use it away as a phone around the house that people can use if no credit etc ...

Advertisement