Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meridian Motors - anyone ever dealt with them?

Options
  • 29-09-2010 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,just wondering if anyone here has ever dealt with these guys as I'm thinking of heading down to look at a car there.Living in Naas so if any Carlow locals have anything good or bad to say about them that would be a great help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Got my previous car from them (05 Almera), had absoultely no problems with it, but i've also heard that people have had a lot of problems from them. Problems along the lines of most of their cars being imports etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Thanks Warrior-I'll be sure to ask them about that.Not a problem in of itself if they are straight up about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

I went in 4 weeks ago wanted to get my car serviced. He said they were full up that week but he would ring me early the next week with a day. 3 weeks later and nothing. . terrible customer service and won't be getting my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

Generally OK, good salesmen! I recently got a 09 Passat from them, couple of weeks later warning light came on. I checked the manual and it said problem with trasmission or water pump, so i went back to Meridien. They said they would take a look at it, likely to be intermittent fault and would reset the computer. I'm not too clued up on cars, so thought 'grand'. Anyhoos, picked the car up after the reset, light comes on an hour later again. I called up and the guys said it would need resetting again. I pointed out that the manual said it was a different problem, but they weren't too interested. Doing a lot of kms for the job i couldn't just run in and get them to sort it out, was told it would be fine to carry on driving. On the offchance one day i called into Maxwells VW in Athy, as car still under VW warranty. They took the car straight in and run a diagnostic. Dodgy water pump, needed replacing. I dealt direct with them from that day. I left a voicemail for Meridien to explain what had happened, but no response. Although happy enough with the car now it's sorted, wouldn't be too impressed with their service.

Sorry for the rant!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I called into them last May while looking for a new family car.
    They had a '05 Avensis on at €10,995.
    I'd done my homework & had worked out I could bring one down from the north for €6,500 with a higher spec.
    Told the salesman this but he didn't flinch, said he was here to do a deal.

Only thing I didn't like was that they had to come with you for a test drive.
    Dooleys across the way let you go on your own.

I ended up buying through a private sale on Donedeal in the end but I thought they were fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 bluestreak

Went into meridian motors lately after hearing good reports from many of my friends, i was looking for a Audi a4, I was after looking in a Sheehy motors and had found a 2.0tdi, but when i went to Meridian i had a choice of 3 top end Audi a4 with the top end spec, and a good bit cheaper than i had seen any where else.
    I got a great trade in price would really recommend them good service.
    Will definitely be looking there first next time...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

Rabidlamb wrote: »

Only thing I didn't like was that they had to come with you for a test drive.
    Dooleys across the way let you go on your own.

We test drove several cars from them on different occassions and they never wanted to come with us. Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bluestreak

As far as i am aware, your only covered by insurance if there is a sales person in the car with you, or a staff member from the garage..
    Unless dooleys have a different type of insurance or just dont care about there customers.
    To be honest i dont mind a salesperson in the car with me, better to have them in the car if you were unfortunate to be in accident when out for test drive..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭hadepsx

yes dooleys just dont care bout their customers, dont go near em, very rude receptionists and service, they really fecked me over, or tried to i had to argue with them in the end to get what i was to originally pay for, cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭xual

Got an Avensis, No proper servicing was done. Oil spilt on the engine. Inside not properly cleaned. Had trouble with the air con not working, and they refuse to fix it even though they gave a 12 month warranty. Sales staff are reasonable but the manager is a rude crass moron.

Would not recommend anyone deal with them. They even tried to flog me a crash repaired mazda 323 as a second car in a "deal".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi xual

This thread is over 10 months old please do not bump old threads like this.
    Thread locked

Regards
    Tommycahir

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement