Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Underarm shaving - discuss

• 29-09-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭

• How often do you do it?
    • What technique do you use?
    • Pros
    • Cons

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There are men who shave their armpits? I'll shave my sack but not my armpit. That's just weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I hear people that sweat an awful do it as it prevents most of the sweat appearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

I'd never do it myself doesn't seem to be socially accepted here but a tonne of Polish and other European country's do it no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

This is a new one for me TBH.I never have and I never will.Id be of the opinion that keeping the hahair there would prevent odour(provided personal hygeine isnt an issue) as the hair would retain deodorant/anti perspirant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

nedtheshed wrote: »
    This is a new one for me TBH.I never have and I never will.Id be of the opinion that keeping the hahair there would prevent odour(provided personal hygeine isnt an issue) as the hair would retain deodorant/anti perspirant.

It'd also retain sweat, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Thats why I said providing hygeine isnt an issue,sweat reeks if its left unwashed,showering everyday remedies this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

I wouldn't ever shave any body hair, but I do trim it with an electric bodyhair trimmers. My underarm hair would tend to be dark and a little bit longer than average I guess, therefore trimming is essential for it to remain neat and look orderly. It does help keep odours/sweat to a minimum. And I'd only have the need to do it every 6 weeks or so, whenever required really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I can report back in a few weeks if you like. I lost a bet and I since yesterday have waxed arm pits (didn't hurt anywhere near as much as I thought). I'm generally a fairly sweaty guy, so far I haven't noticed any major difference, if anything a little less sweat than usual, but I haven't gone to the gym/gone for a run/played a match yet. I will report back with the results when I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Thats why I said providing hygeine isnt an issue,sweat reeks if its left unwashed,showering everyday remedies this.

I work as a personal trainer and I shave my underarms purely for this reason. You reek of sweat if you dont shave/wax there and it genuinely those feel a lot more comfortable with the hair gone, much less sweat as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Never bothered to try it myself. Luckily my arm pits do not get particularly sweaty. Plus I shower often so no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Do it occasionally, not shave but trim down, working in an office sitting in a typing position,arms pressed in, all day can leave you a bit...funky. finds it happens less if it trim it a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I've been doing it since I was 15 (on and off) I found back then (was doing lots of training) that you sweat considerably less (i.e. not just the appearance of sweat). It's sort of trimemd there now, but will probably go back to shaved soon enough as I am back training 6 nights a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I've never done it, and the ones that do it that I've come across are usually the ones who wear t-shirts/shirts 2 sizes too small for themselves. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I've never done it, and the ones that do it that I've come across are usually the ones who wear t-shirts/shirts 2 sizes too small for themselves. ;)

I don't or ever have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Somehow I don't think its an adequate alternative to showering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

enda1 wrote: »

I used to have problems with sweat but after beginning exercise and showering every day, it's not really an issue anymore. And it's not as if I have a lack of hair there. ;) :pac:

Of course though I wouldn't be surprised if the fittest of blokes is sweating like mad under there if he's wearing a clothing size that's cutting off his circulation. Ridiculously tight clothes = discomfort = sweating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

enda1 wrote: »
    Don't think anyone would do that, fairly rank if they did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Smallbit

from a female perspective, I would find it creepy if my partner shaved his underarms. Of course I'm all for a trim in other regions but my mouth rarely ventures into his armpit... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I know a few lads who swear that it stops them sweating. I sweat an awful lot down there even with showering and anti perspirant so I'd consider doing it if it worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I've trimmed it a bit now and then, but that's just to stop it looking like a lost wilderness and to avoid hair sticking out my tshirt sleeves. :o:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I did it once, i was tricked into it by a friend. A load of use were going to do Cryotherapy sessions and i received a very formal looking email advising me to remove all body hair for the procedure so i did.

Turned out my mate had faked the whole thing and got most of us with it the bastard! :D

The itchy grow back was annoying as ****.

Advertisement