Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Sat Nav Updates

Options
  • 29-09-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

My girlfriends Dad was asking me the other day about updates for his Sony sat nav, its about 2years old i think and hasnt taken in account any of the new roads, I have tried to update it but cant seem to find the relevant information to do it, I went on the sony website and a few linked to it and cant find anywhere which actually offers an update. Does anyone know where to look? I apologise if this is a usual question but I would appreciate any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Don't be surprised if the devices is no longer supported for updates.
    Look around this forum & you will see the same over & over. To be sure of map updates stick with Tom Tom or Garmin.

What is the device & what maps are on it.
    Your best bet is goto contact the map provider & ask them if they support the device for upgrades or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Yeah Ive seen you have a vast knowledge of these situations your name seems to have come in resolving alot of these types of quieries, I had a good thrawl through the net and it seems your right, I got my hands on the sat nav in question only there tonight, it doesnt seem to even connect to the computer so if it doesnt do that then ill find it difficult to update ha, I live near the sony centre in the square might pop in, it says online the updated maps are available in certain outlets.Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1 moikal

i have a sony u83 and i found an update but not really an update co'z its 2008 update. if anyone is interested, i dont mind sharing it. just pm me

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you clarify is it a software update or a map update?

Advertisement