Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advanced photography courses in Dublin?

• 29-09-2010 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I'm looking to find an advanced photography course in Dublin preferably for teens (15-18)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

.Conor. wrote: »
    I'm looking to find an advanced photography course in Dublin preferably for teens (15-18)

define advanced? honestly if ya got the basics and your talking digital, look into joining a club over a course, unless your dabbling in film or specific areas its not much use doing a course. saying that, i do photography as a degree...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I think the gallery of photography (temple bar) periodically do courses aimed at teens - not sure why I know that but I do (ach, think it was probably on a leaflet/flyer I picked up in there once). Can't remember the specifics though.

Not teen specific, but the institute of photography do really good courses - give Dave a shout and see if they have anything to fit the bill.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

There really are courses on General Photography and then you move onto specialty subjects. Some may split their courses into two parts and then the second one will be branded Advanced but in reality it's part two of General Photograpy.

Is this course for yourself or someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 monosnaps

Not a lot out there for this age group in advanced photography tuition. I have a son in that age group and I watch out for workshops that might be useful, also bring him to a camera club if there is something worthwhile on. Look out for events that might challenge him. Most of what my son has learned so far is from podcasts on his iTouch and You Tube. It might also be a good idea to get him involved in some film photography which will be useful if he decides to take a college course, first and sometimes second year can be film based. Peter does courses at all levels. http://www.monochromemeath.com/section366150.html

Advertisement