Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will this play crysis with ease

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Not a huge fan of Asus' attempts at LGA1156 but yeah, that'll beat on Crysis with a big stick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I have that motherboard and it's a cracker imo,well worth the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Solitaire wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of Asus' attempts at LGA1156 but yeah, that'll beat on Crysis with a big stick :D

Whoa now bosco, drop that crack pipe and put the meth away for a second.

Asus make the best 1156 boards out there, trust me Ive dealt with them all in work.

@Op yeah it will no problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Kevinf63

Anti wrote: »
    Whoa now bosco, drop that crack pipe and put the meth away for a second.

Asus make the best 1156 boards out there, trust me Ive dealt with them all in work.

@Op yeah it will no problem at all.

Just don't be sad though if its not constantly good frame rates. Thats normal as Crysis is well known to be a terribly unoptimized game, in other words, they designed it badly (maybe on purpose ;) ) in terms of how fluid it runs and how well it takes advantage of your hardware and it might not run well at times. That might change with Crysis 2 though. Good look with build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I have almost the exact same rig, an i5-760 and gtx460 both of which are "heavily" overclocked.

You`ll still struggle to run crysis on max settings - first mission or so is fine, but when the helicopters etc come in, you`ll see your fps dropping to under 20 constantly

When you get onto the beach and its dark, it takes a massive fps hit

I dropped my shaders to high and not very high for playability, but it still drops under 20 fps in alot of places

Edit: Im playing @ 1080p btw and AAx4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Strange. with my setup i don't think i ever drop below about 30 at any point.

Anti wrote: »
    Strange. with my setup i don't think i ever drop below about 30 at any point.

Your running a better rig though judging from your sig.

Heres when the fps really take a hit for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

CPU: intel core I5 760. This motherboard http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-389-AS&tool=3 and a NVIDIA GTX 460
    At its maximum settings (8x AA, DX10 Very High effects with a large resolution), you won't get your Vsync (usually 60) fps on average, you'll probably get above 30 but not much over 40. That game's still a hardware ball-buster!

Like others here, I still drop to 20 fps in some instances with my i7 rig (6GB DDR3-1600MHz RAM) with a HD 4890 1GB, usually with colored lighting (flares - like on the beach at the beginning), among other things.

DECEiFER wrote: »
    At its maximum settings (8x AA, DX10 Very High effects with a large resolution), you won't get your Vsync (usually 60) fps on average, you'll probably get above 30 but not much over 40. That game's still a hardware ball-buster!

On those settings on a oced i5-760 and oc 460 I get 13 fps, and thats just walking around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

nuxxx wrote: »
    On those settings on a oced i5-760 and oc 460 I get 13 fps, and thats just walking around
    thats crazy. i only have the demo of crysis (which runs fine), but my rig is similar enough to yours (bit weaker tbh) seems it'll be a waste to even buy crysis.

• Advertisement

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    thats crazy. i only have the demo of crysis (which runs fine), but my rig is similar enough to yours (bit weaker tbh) seems it'll be a waste to even buy crysis.

I run battlefield bc2 maxed out and it rarely goes under 60 fps

To be honest If i run crysis at a slightly lower res than 1080p and turn off AA its fine. I dont think it matters what rig you have, still gona have alot of drops to 20fps in combat

Theres 1 key setting in the game and its the shader quality, if you drop it down from very high to high theres like an increase of 25-30 fps, and things more or less look the same

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Kevinf63

nuxxx wrote: »
    I run battlefield bc2 maxed out and it rarely goes under 60 fps

To be honest If i run crysis at a slightly lower res than 1080p and turn off AA its fine. I dont think it matters what rig you have, still gona have alot of drops to 20fps in combat

Theres 1 key setting in the game and its the shader quality, if you drop it down from very high to high theres like an increase of 25-30 fps, and things more or less look the same

Thing is though as I said earlier, its badly optimised and after around the Nvidia 9000 series era, it will probably run bad dispite your deadly setup with this and that overclocked. For example this guy maxishine smashed the youtube record a while ago with MAX = 80 FPS AVERAGE = 60 FPS on Crysis. Mind you he had Quad SLI 9800GX2's at hand... Which was ridiculous at the time, and even now to have!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGqEp9irDuE&feature=channel

Now people have 3-way CrossfireX HD5870 setups that run it between 60-140 FPS. But emmm.... Thats only people who have a serious amount of dosh to spend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y02wDg71nbY&feature=watch_response

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Play Warhead instead, its more linear but also its great fun and the performance is much better and fulctuates less on min/avg fps than Crysis

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Wouldn't worry too much about turning everything up to to 11, I means Crysis still looks amazing a notch down from maximum, which all I can aim for with a HD4870. :)

Agree 100% that Warhead is both better optimized and more to play as well.

Advertisement