Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valencia v Manchester United Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Dont be listening to that eejit, hes full of sh1te. Always has been and always will.

Even when England are playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

lordgoat wrote: »
    Carrick has been the best of the midfielders for united. Anderson started well, done nothing since. Fletch has been decent but not on the ball enough. The two wingers, park seems to have forgotten how to play football. Nani having a shocker of a game. Berb needs more of the football.

I'll gladly take a 0-0.

Hilarious. Stick to the music Lordgoat.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I love the "mute" button on nights like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Park will come good and nick a goal.

May not be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

not a good performance at all form united but at least we didnt let any goals in hopefully we improve a lot and bang a few in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Just looking at RTE running back over the highlights of the game, Nani has to refine his free kicks and corners. Even in the PL they're brutal, seldom getting past the first defender. Fustrating.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I wouldn't mind seeing a ladies football game in those shirts. :D

Hello Mr. Blatter :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

oooohhhh stinging from dunphy. he wasnt far wrong about liverpool 3/4 years ago. off the bench there isnt anything you can do.. 3 strikers aint gonna make a difference considering your best one is already on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Rob113 wrote: »
    Who do you reckon can make a difference from the bench

Owen.

Owen Goal, that is. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Even when England are playing?

To be honest I gave up watching coverage on rte around 2 years ago, with the whole Ronaldo is a virus crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Carrick has reason to be playing bad, he hasnt played much and Valencia are a fast passing fast paced team so of course he's going to look a bit off the pace.

Evra has been awful for me tbh, Herandez got around him a few t imes and hasnt offered anythign going foward to support Park.

Park for me has done a job in the wide area's trying to get inside but hasnt made the right runs at the right time and hasn't had the support either so tended to loose the ball more.

Anderson had great forst 30mins and then just disappeared I think thats his young head wandering instead of focusing more on his role.

Valencia have been more threatening definitely but the infectious poor passing has crept all over the team.

Subs could make the tactical battle better here.

Maybe Owen for Carrick and slide Left midfield instead of left-wing forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Sick of dunphy talking sh*t, he has been saying we've been in decline since 2005, a team in decline doesn't win 9 trophies in 5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My head hurts from watching that. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Park will come good and nick a goal.

May not be true.

Unlikely. Id say park will come off early. Push Anderson outwide. Drop berbatov a bit deeper and throw a striker on ahead of him. We need someone ahead of berba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Dunphy: Bring JOS on at RB.

The defence side of Rafeal's game tonight has been great

Bill "Would you bring Gibson On "

Eamon " nah not at all" the way he said it though Great stuff :D G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nothing will change with United, selection wise, unless they concede.

It's a typical United away performance in Europe. The shape of the team is working well IMO, although offering little going forward.

Valencia have been disappointing so far.

Jazzy wrote: »
    oooohhhh stinging from dunphy. he wasnt far wrong about liverpool 3/4 years ago. off the bench there isnt anything you can do.. 3 strikers aint gonna make a difference considering your best one is already on the pitch

oooh dont bring the tone down to that Europa League level please Jazzy :p

Non-Interesting fact btw; Cesar is the only player in the top leagues in Europe that is older than his manager! (ie Premiership, Primera Division, Serie A, etc)

To be honest I gave up watching coverage on rte around 2 years ago, with the whole Ronaldo is a virus crap.

Find it funny though that during the world cup they were "the pundits that tell it like it is" especially when they were knocking England, but as I predicted as soon as the CL started and they knocked Utd they are suddenly talking rubbish :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

smokedeels wrote: »
    Dunphy: Bring JOS on at RB.

The defence side of Rafeal's game tonight has been great

I agree. Why is o shea not starting? As well as raf is playin there is always a fluck up in him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Valencia are a team made for Peter Crouch. They're putting great cross after great cross into the box and there's no-one there.

Zigic didn't make much of a difference for them, considering he's close to 6'8'' and is now at Birmingham. :pac:

Carrick off now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Find it funny though that during the world cup they were "the pundits that tell it like it is" especially when they were knocking England, but as I predicted as soon as the CL started and they knocked Utd they are suddenly talking rubbish :confused:

they were completely clueless during the world cup. While I enjoy watching them I think they'd probably be better off on 'Grumpy Old Men'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

eZe^ wrote: »
    Zigic didn't make much of a difference for them, considering he's close to 6'8'' and is not at Birmingham. :pac:

He was rubbish at the WC as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

eZe^ wrote: »
    Zigic didn't make much of a difference for them, considering he's close to 6'8'' and is not at Birmingham. :pac:

Aye, Josh Hartnett was pretty rubbish is his time there.

Never reproduced the form he had at Racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Im talking from my point of view that Dunphy talks ****e, I havent been appointed as spokesperson for everyone else. Not that im aware anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

High foot is some sh*t rule, it should only be if you stick your head in that it be called.

Liam O wrote: »
    they were completely clueless during the world cup. While I enjoy watching them I think they'd probably be better off on 'Grumpy Old Men'

Most people on here thought otherwise.

My god I love Mathieu!

Poor Nani just broke a rib.

• Advertisement

Finally a bit of offensive effort.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Little moment of magic from Berbatov there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

that was nearly amazing.

Excellent Berba should've squared it to Ji-Sung

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Brilliant by Berba.

And then a cheap free-kick to the goalkeeper to spoil it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

berbaforeplay

Im talking from my point of view that Dunphy talks ****e, I havent been appointed as spokesperson for everyone else. Not that im aware anyways.

Wasn't specifically aimed at you so relax :)was talking generally how much praise they got here for there world cup analysis but I suppose that is becuase they were having a right go at England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Bit of a yawnfest so far. Who's the right back for United? He's worse than useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Wasn't specifically aimed at you so relax :)was talking generally how much praise they got here for there world cup analysis but I suppose that is becuase they were having a right go at England.

Think you are mixing up humour and analysis.They are good for a laugh regardless of who is playing. :D
    England were shíte though so in fairness it was justified. :p

• Advertisement

Mister men wrote: »
    Bit of a yawnfest so far. Who's the right back for United? He's worse than useless.

Raphael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's because they are entertaining. The stuff in the RTE Punditry Gold thread was mentioned because it brought laughs. Most people acknowledged they should have done better research.

Scrutinising RTE is a bit like expecting Karl Pilkington to be like Michael Palin. When watching RTE its best to sit back and enjoy the madness that follows. ;)

Nights like tonight is when they really earn their pay because this match is sh*te. Expect more Nani bashing to come.

d22ontour wrote: »
    Think you are mixing up humour and analysis.They are good for a laugh regardless of who is playing. :D
    England were shíte though so in fairness it was justified. :p

People love the humour when its not directed at there own team, if it is then they are clueless ;)

Top quality block by Nani.

Did you wander in from another forum by mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Whatever about the boys in the studio, George Hamilton is very pro United.

Nani!! woah moment of the match!

Trilla wrote: »
    I agree. Why is o shea not starting? As well as raf is playin there is always a fluck up in him

Ya see theres 2 fluck ups in 2 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Typical, you comment. Rubbish as usual, uniformed as usual. He has had a decent game today.

All this excitement of watching the Champions League must be getting to your head.

• Advertisement

It's because they are entertaining. The stuff in the RTE Punditry Gold thread was mentioned because it brought laughs. Most people acknowledged they should have done better research.

Scrutinising RTE is a bit like expecting Karl Pilkington to be like Michael Palin. When watching RTE its best to sit back and enjoy the madness that follows. ;)

Nights like tonight is when they really earn their pay because this match is sh*te. Expect more Nani bashing to come.

Don't get me wrong, I love them as you say its entertaining, but I find it funny that the opinion during the world cup was that they tell it like it is cause it involved England and now they are clueless cause its related to club teams.

Anyway a bit OT, can see Utd nicking this one

Advertisement