Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Management Agency Sanctions

Options
  • 29-09-2010 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what sanctions can a property management agency impose on a tenant if you are renting off another land lord (not the property management company)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The management company (via the management agent) can impose additional charges on the management company member (unit owner/landlord) but would have no direct means to impose any charges on a tenant. That would be down to the landlord (to the best of my knowledge).

Care to give some more information on the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Paulw wrote: »
    The management company (via the management agent) can impose additional charges on the management company member (unit owner/landlord) but would have no direct means to impose any charges on a tenant. That would be down to the landlord (to the best of my knowledge).

Care to give some more information on the situation?

No real situation, we are not long in our apartment and got a letter through the door today explaining the house rules and some of the rules, like not been permitted to dry clothes on the balcony are not in our contract and I was just curious what the agency could actually do to enforce these rules.

No real situation, we are not long in our apartment and got a letter through the door today explaining the house rules and some of the rules, like not been permitted to dry clothes on the balcony are not in our contract and I was just curious what the agency could actually do to enforce these rules.

To enforce such, they could enter the balcony and remove the items. They would then release the items back to you with an administration charge.

That would be more normal with people mounting satellite dishes, but the same theory and clauses would apply.

Paulw wrote: »
    To enforce such, they could enter the balcony and remove the items. They would then release the items back to you with an administration charge.

That would be more normal with people mounting satellite dishes, but the same theory and clauses would apply.

Yeah Satellite dishes are on it as well! no washing of cars in the scheme, no pets etc

Those all sound like standard clauses. Nothing at all unusual there.

• Advertisement

It was purely just a thought thats all! More curious to see what authority a management agancy has over residents! if they did take clothes for example could you not get them fo trespassing and burgarly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Often it will be the case where it's stated that a management company own the outside of your apartment, including the balcony, and you only have use of it, which means that they wouldn't be deemed to be trespassing if they removed your clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not on the balcony, as they own the balcony and are likely to have only given an exclusive licence to the unit owner. It would be no different from you leaving your clothes in the lift lobby and the caretaker clearing them away out of sight and you having to pay an administration charge to get them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

good pointsfolks.... never knew that- fook me- glad i don't live in an apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Is there a clause in your contract about abiding by the rules of the development? There should be. There's a clause in our deeds/leases that states if we let out our unit we are responsible for ensuring that our tenants comply with the development rules.

• Advertisement
Advertisement