Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying off ebay

• 29-09-2010 7:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

im thinking of buying a lumix LX5, found a white one on ebay for a good price, but its from hong kong, im just wondering if i should leave it or what do i need to know about buying from there, im particularly worried about buying a fake . any advice?? ive only seen them on pixmania, dont know where else i could get one.:confused: (oh, and no i dont want an LX3,:rolleyes: i know theyre going at cheaper prices)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Check the sellers feedback, check negitave and neutral, but also keep looking through their positive and find other people who bought cameras, and see what they said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

You may also have to pay import duties, buying photographic equipment from the states and Hong Kong is notorious for this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

ok, thanks. should i be worried about buying a fake???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

black ones on Amazon.co.uk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Fakes are normally items where products are bought in bulk and they can easily change the identity of the item with fake labelling. This is a concern with items like Memory Cards where a cheap item can be passed off as a high quality item. It would be unlikely to be done for individual camera models.

What I have heard has happened in the past is that items which have failed the quality testing in the factory somehow find their way to the market rather than being recycled/destroyed. These items will be sold cheap without the manufacturers warranty or a fake warranty. I have not heard of it being reported for a while, but then I have not been looking either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement