Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cammy costume.

Options
  • 29-09-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭

Right. Don't laugh but my sister wants to do a cammy cosplay for halloween. She has had a look around various websites but the wait time is either too long or she isn't happy with the costume.

She told me to ask my fellow fighting game fans for any advice or info on picking up a decent green cammy costume. I'm sure one of you perv's have knowledge of a good place to get one. :p

I'm sure she could be convinced to come cheer chris on at the next inferno too if thats any motivation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I would say that the best bet at this stage is to just get a green leotard and buy the bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

PPPPPIIIIIIICCCCCCCSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

seriously PICS OR SERIOUSLY GTFO
    ban request if no pics provided

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's quite easy.
    As long as her badonk-a-donk donk is on THIS level:
    http://digitallyblonde.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/street_fighter_cammy_white-5.jpg

Mod note- Don't look at this on your work computer.

Love,

Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Dammit, I wanted an inb4 Kiki. :mad:

• Advertisement

Yesss. Give in to the raaaage.
    It will make you stronger. Faster.

Soon, you may challenge your master.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Jim wrote: »
    PPPPPIIIIIIICCCCCCCSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Placebo wrote: »
    seriously PICS OR SERIOUSLY GTFO
    ban request if no pics provided

As I said, If somebody can find a good costume on the net...the forum can have pics.

who posts pics of their sister on the internet, you're so weird man.
    jeez ban request

also
    http://www.raychul.com/archives/266

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Pics and banned. no pics and banned. Your a mercurial guy farz. :p

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

You guys don't half sound desperate at all. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Serious answer, green leotard, 12 hole boots, red socks, cam paint, red shoot fighter gloves from the martial arts shop on Capel st hopefully, and red beret from maybe clerys?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Where's Unky Chop Chop and his amazing selection of outstanding cosplay pictures, when you need him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Leave my bro aloooone or I'll cannon drill all your arses.
    Serious answer, green leotard, 12 hole boots, red socks, cam paint, red shoot fighter gloves from the martial arts shop on Capel st hopefully, and red beret from maybe clerys?

Boots, socks, paint, etc all easy enough. Brilliant thinking with the martial arts shop for the gloves never even thought of that, was thinking I'd have to buy some leather patent ones and cut them up. Also didn't think of clerys for the beret. Cheers DooM!

Can't seem to find a leotard like Cammy's (sleeveless tank) anywhere though. You can get them made at cosplaysupplies but it takes four weeks plus time for shipping, cutting it way too close. Colour doesn't matter so much because I can dye it. So my question is do you think anyone would notice if the leotard is strappy and doesn't go up to my neck? I'm probably being a weirdo about the authenticity of it.

Thanks for the feedback anyway lads, really appreciate it. This being the Fighting Games forum I figured it would be the best place to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Unky Chop Chop dresses as Cammy now?

But on topic, I certainly wouldn't care much if the leotard wasn't exactly right. As long as it's definitely, unmistakably Cammy, then little details don't bother me too much. I do realise that others would be more stringent than I.

Green leotard on eBay

I'm sure there's more.
    You'll be cold though.

Edit, actually nvm, it would never get here on time.

Try PMing chueytoo -- I think he knows a good few cosplayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

yes I live for getting my arse out for a good cammy costume.

Here's me last Halloween

male-cammy-cosplay.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

also..

cammy_white_ass.jpg

Bloke with birds arse, girl with blokes face or just bloke with shaven arse:pac:

I love the internet

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Green leotard on eBay

I'm sure there's more.

Actually the one you linked is posted from UK I think, so it should be on time. Colour and size are perfect too. You're my hero.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You'll be cold though.

That's what beer is for. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

yes I live for getting my arse out for a good cammy costume.

Here's me last Halloween

male-cammy-cosplay.jpg
    Wow!
    Is that you Unky?

Errrmmmm......eeerrrr ahem. Ahem. Have you any plans after the next inferno?
    Just asking to see whether you wanted to, like, hang out or something.....

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

For extra points she should dress up in her alt costumes too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Tell her Rose is better! Way more classy!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Leave my bro aloooone or I'll cannon drill all your arses.

Boots, socks, paint, etc all easy enough. Brilliant thinking with the martial arts shop for the gloves never even thought of that, was thinking I'd have to buy some leather patent ones and cut them up. Also didn't think of clerys for the beret. Cheers DooM!

I am known for moments of occasional genius. :D

I don't think anyone but the serious FG heads wold notice if he leotard wasn't right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Can't seem to find a leotard like Cammy's (sleeveless tank) anywhere though. You can get them made at cosplaysupplies but it takes four weeks plus time for shipping, cutting it way too close. Colour doesn't matter so much because I can dye it. So my question is do you think anyone would notice if the leotard is strappy and doesn't go up to my neck? I'm probably being a weirdo about the authenticity of it.

I've got another option for the leotard for ya. Celtic Creations in Belfast make Irish Dancing costumes but they also sell leotards for beginners - we have some in our dance school and they're high collared and long sleeved. You could cut the sleeves off and dye it (they come in black, blue and red I think)? They're lycra though so check what the story is regarding dying. Also, if you are ordering, put in a customer note asking for no embroidery on the neck :p

The shop is in Belfast so they'd be delivered fairly fast - especially since you wouldn't be going for any special embroidery. The leotards are here. (The skirt is seperate - it's a normal leotard shape).

There's also a shop on Capel St. called Irish Dance Wear that sells leotards but from what I've seen, they're leotards with skirts attached to them so probably not suitable. However, just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean they don't exist so if you live in Dublin it'd probably be worth calling in and explaining what you're after.

Just a suggestion anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Speaking of Halloween, why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween with Christmas?

Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec :D

It's funny if you're a nerd. Farzad gets it.

THATS RIGHT FOLKS, farz is a looker and a GENIUS

OCT = octal, 31s octal = 3*8+1=25

LOL OMG SO FANNY, **** off terry i had to google that nerdy bollox.

Ry wrote: »
    Tell her Rose is better! Way more classy!

I like Rose too! I was actually originally going to be Chun Li (her costumes are much easier to find) but then I realised I'd have to wear an evil wig. Being blonde I'd have to wear one for Rose too. ;D

Hotaru wrote: »
    I've got another option for the leotard for ya. Celtic Creations in Belfast make Irish Dancing costumes but they also sell leotards for beginners - we have some in our dance school and they're high collared and long sleeved. You could cut the sleeves off and dye it (they come in black, blue and red I think)? They're lycra though so check what the story is regarding dying. Also, if you are ordering, put in a customer note asking for no embroidery on the neck :p

The shop is in Belfast so they'd be delivered fairly fast - especially since you wouldn't be going for any special embroidery. The leotards are here. (The skirt is seperate - it's a normal leotard shape).

There's also a shop on Capel St. called Irish Dance Wear that sells leotards but from what I've seen, they're leotards with skirts attached to them so probably not suitable. However, just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean they don't exist so if you live in Dublin it'd probably be worth calling in and explaining what you're after.

Just a suggestion anyway :)

Wow, thanks a mill for the reply Hotaru. I actually ordered the closest leotard to Cammy's I could find last night on ebay, but it's nice to have a fall back option in case it arrives and I don't like it / it looks weird / the thong cuts off the circulation to my ass. Legend. :)

Thanks again lads, I feel much more confident that I can get this together and pull it off now.

Err... just to let you know, I did NOT know what the above linked leotard looked like at the back until you mentioned "thong" just now :eek:

Stealth necro:

PICS WHERE?

inb4 "stay classy, Kiki"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Wait till you see my Gill pics.

Masonary paint was a mistake though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement