Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing a sat system

• 29-09-2010 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Thinking of installing a sat system and lokking for some advice on cabling etc

May have to put it on the chimney to avoid trees. I am concerned that me or whoever has to mount the sat on chimney will move roof tiles, thereby causing a leak, especially in vicinity of chimney, would I be made to let anyone up on the roof

Whats the best wat to run the cables, either from the chimney
    do not use the fire and never will, (have a wall mounted heater which does not need a flue), so thinking of down the chimney/flue

Or imagine the dish is mounted at eaves level, is it poss to run the cables betwen outer walls and plaster board

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

try posting in satellite forum.more really helpful lads there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

k123456 wrote: »
    Whats the best wat to run the cables, either from the chimney
    do not use the fire and never will, (have a wall mounted heater which does not need a flue), so thinking of down the chimney/flue

Thanks

Don't do this, water will run down the cable into the house.

Can you not mount it on the chimney and run the cable down to the front of the roof and under the eaves into the attic. Thats what I always try and do.

Advertisement