Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice to save my dinner please

Options
  • 29-09-2010 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

need some expert opinions to save my dinner please icon_e_smile.gif

I am cooking a pasta dish at the min and think it needs something else.

I heated some oil, added some garlic, chicken and bacon and fried for a few mins.
    Then added onion and red pepper, cooked another bit.
    Then I added 2 tins of chopped tomatoes with herbs, tin of tomato puree, some basil, oregano, salt and pepper, and a small spoon of sugar.
    Just had a little taste there and I think something is missing, so any opinions??

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

cheese and lots of it - any variety would make me want to eat that all up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 PinkLady001

Ooh, melt it in or sprinkle on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

Ooh, melt it in or sprinkle on top?

Both the more the merrier IMO :D

Will try that next time, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Try add a glass or red wine into it before you add in your tin of tomatoes. Or why not add some lea & perkins to perk it up?

• Advertisement

Try add a glass or red wine into it before you add in your tin of tomatoes. Or why not add some lea & perkins to perk it up?
    Ya see, I was trying to stay away from getting too close to my spag bol recipe, which includes both of these. I prob should have just went with them!
    Thanks for the input :)

Advertisement