Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anyone that teaches the banjo in waterford?

• 29-09-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭

Lads learning the banjo is something i've wanted to do for years have absolutely no experience with any musical instrument but wanna do this. If anybody could point me in the right direction to even start off and put in the hard hours and work myself then would be very grateful.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hey,

A guy I knew in school learned it back then (about 7 years ago now). I've sent him a message through his fiancée so hopefully eh'll be able to provide some information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Blue Dreamer

cheers man would be super thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Try Waterford Academy of music and arts,
    They're based up behind the Maxol by the turn off for Faithlegg.
    And afaik they teach all instruments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So seemingly he taught himself the banjo but is currently getting uilleann pipe lessons from Comhaltas who should do banjo lessons too. A dig around on Google will probably put you onto the right person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

You could drop into Palmers music shop in George's Street they could probably put you in touch with somebody.

• Advertisement

Lads have tried google a few times no joy. Emailed the academy out on dunmore cross no reply from them. I know comhaltas run classes but theyre more traditional i'm looking for folk. Hoping to get one on one lessons. If anyone knows of anyone i'd be extremely grateful

i will try john palmers tomorrow cheers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Go on the Kilkenny forums........must be a few up there!!! :D

Would prefer not too haha but sure needs must may have a look if i get that desperate would prefer to keep my dosh in waterford though.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Phone the waterford academy of music instead of emailing. You'll definitely get through to someone then. Especially if you ring in the afternoon or early evening.
    Better still, drop out to them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

did you try this email address

Mark Robinson Banjo / Mandolin / Bass mark@waterfordacademy.ie

Advertisement