Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's have a HUGE party in 2012!!

Options
  • 29-09-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Ireland needs a major shot-in-the-arm at the moment and this could be the answer..

I'm proposing a massive national festival in Summer 2012 and invite all the Irish abroad to come home for it. There's around 80 million of them or so out there and it's about time they came back to the auld sod and paid us a visit!!

I'm calling it "Feile Glas" (Green Festival), and I reckon it could save jobs, create jobs, bring money into the country, create international networking opportunities, and well, CHEER US UP, FFS! :D

I have a Facebook group set up and need people to go and join it and make this happen. C'mon it won't even cost you anything (except the electricity of a mouse-click), let's have a HUGE party and er, save the country too..

<facegroup link snipped by evil biko>
    <thanks biko, can people search Facebook for "Summer 2012"?? ;-) >

Thanks guys. While you're at it, get involved on the Facebook wall and put up some of your ideas..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

76 million plastic paddies, no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i'm up for anything so long as i can boogey down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

We'll have the party at your house OP. F*cking wreck the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

So have you got some public liability insurance :D

/ I love being 'that guy'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭silkfield

i'm up for anything so long as i can boogey down.

According to George Michael, you've got to "get up to get down", so you could be in luck.

Good to see the forum snipers are alert. Thanks guys! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Green Festival

Name fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Has nobody told you, the world is going to end in 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tasha200

Yep, and make sure they are only allowed to enter the country via shannon airport........x
    and also they must fill in a questionairre on arrival (costing ten euros) about why they left in the first place.......x
    co-incide it with Arthurs day, why not........x
    Infact do a raffle for 30000 four bedroom oil fired central heating bungalows in rural ireland with no insulation and give free planning permission for everyone who enters to build on cheap land that nama will be selling off......
    Offer them all jobs in holding centres for those that cannot prove their irish heritage enough in the past 5 years to get carers allowance for the poor sods they left behind... and bar them all from signing on the dole for atleast 3 months after they have filled in the questionairre (see above).... x good luck, will join the facebook page for the laugh tho x

News:As you know my proposal for an Irish Summer festival was entered in the Your Country, Your Call competition. I got loads of support for the idea, eventually being ranked in the top 25 out of over 10,000 entries, which I was pretty chuffed about!

Just goes to prove how utterly sh*te & pointless that competition was.

If you want a festival that bad, OP, just f*cking go to the Electric Picnic like any normal person.

We'll have the party at your house OP. F*cking wreck the place.

Yeah, but it's strictly 'bring-your-own-baseball-bat'!! Huh! nothin' in the fridge - CRASH BANG MEEOWW! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I'll bring the yolks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

when i first stumbled upon this thread i thought it'd be, 'c'mon guys, we'll all have a massive party on the twenty-first of december and we'll wake up with a triumphant headache the next morning!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

2011 then. Can you make it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Sorry i cant come. I'm washing my hair that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, even though I agree with your sentiment - the boards populous isn't a "join my facebook group" user base.
    Once you reach 25 posts I suggest you put the link in your sig. Until then I'm afraid it will remain a mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Just goes to prove how utterly sh*te & pointless that competition was.

If you want a festival that bad, OP, just f*cking go to the Electric Picnic like any normal person.

HAHAHA! I LOVE IRISH FORUMS!! CEAD MILE FAILTE!

biko wrote: »
    OP, even though I agree with your sentiment - the boards populous isn't a "join my facebook group" user base.
    Once you reach 25 posts I suggest you put the link in your sig. Until then I'm afraid it will remain a mystery.

Can I pimp my MySpace page now, with a thread & link?

biko wrote: »

Huh? What'll remain a mystery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Can I pimp my MySpace page now, with a thread & link?

MySpace is the bebo of 5 years ago...

• Advertisement

silkfield wrote: »
    HAHAHA! I LOVE IRISH FORUMS!! CEAD MILE FAILTE!

Are you Michael Flatley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Are you Michael Flatley?

Nah, Daniel Day.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

OP - It will be very, very difficult to carry it off but maybe if you get support from travel companies etc it could help both them and your cause. I wish you luck!

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    OP - It will be very, very difficult to carry it off but maybe if you get support from travel companies etc it could help both them and your cause. I wish you luck!

Well, I'm not going to do it all obviously. Just need lots of people to row in behind it and let it get a life of its own.

Happy 35th?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭WillyWaggler

It's not THAT bad an idea in fairness. Sure we can just pretend to like them for a few days and take their cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

silkfield wrote: »
    Happy 35th?

Eh?

Are you Michael Flatley?

No, I'm only in the 10,000-foot-taps-per-second-while-beating-IBM's-Deep-Blue-in-3D-chess league.

It's not THAT bad an idea in fairness. Sure we can just pretend to like them for a few days and take their cash.

HAHA! Careful, that was almost a compliment!!

I hate enthusiastic people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Kasabian wrote: »
    2011 then. Can you make it ?

Not one to turn down a partay.:cool:

Advertisement