Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's have a HUGE party in 2012!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭silkfield

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Its a great idea.

would it be possible to make it in the spring or autumn? Airfares at peak holiday times will put a lot off.

I think flights may be reduced as different companies compete for the business.

Out of curiosity, why Feileglas/Green Festival. It immediately brings to mind recycling and taxes on everything. Not good.

Recycling = Taxes?? What's the link?

Feile Glas sounds good to me. Can you think of a better name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Green Party!?

Nah thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

silkfield wrote: »
    I think flights may be reduced as different companies compete for the business.

You honestly believe that airlines would reduce their prices if there's huge demand?

Enthusiasm is one thing, naivety is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Recycling = Taxes?? What's the link?

Feile Glas sounds good to me. Can you think of a better name?

Gillington said it, Green Party. I'm not a great fan.

As for a better name, I'm not much good at that sort of thing especially when trying not to trip over the line into paddywhackery. I just supply ectoplasmic kitchens and toilets.

• Advertisement

You honestly believe that airlines would reduce their prices if there's huge demand?

Enthusiasm is one thing, naivety is another.

Yeah I reckon they would. A box of matches is one thing, a bird table is another! :P

Gillington said it, Green Party. I'm not a great fan.

As for a better name, I'm not much good at that sort of thing especially when trying not to trip over the line into paddywhackery. I just supply ectoplasmic kitchens and toilets.

Well let's stick with Feile Glas for the moment. If a better one comes along..

Has anyone got any ideas on how to spread the word more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I would call it 'End of the recession session' because hopefully the country will be on the up and the people currently emigrating will return home.

End of the recession session FTW!

Great idea OP.

I would call it 'End of the recession session' because hopefully the country will be on the up and the people currently emigrating will return home.

End of the recession session FTW!

Great idea OP.

Return Of The Celtic Tiger - Someone tie Flatley's shoelaces together, quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭h8scobes

lol just go oxegen ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Ireland needs a major shot-in-the-arm at the moment and this could be the answer..

I'm proposing a massive national festival in Summer 2012 and invite all the Irish abroad to come home for it.
    Sounds like Pol Pot's plan for Year Zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

h8scobes wrote: »
    lol just go oxegen ;)

I think the OP is thinking less of an MCD run knackerfest to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭h8scobes

oxegen is only a knackerfest in blue zone

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Sounds like Pol Pot's plan for Year Zero.

That's a bit harsh, no?

You can read the full proposal for the festival here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I just thought of another way I can contribute. You'll need a world class begrudger to handle 80,000,000 successful, happy returnees. I'm your woman. :D

I just thought of another way I can contribute. You'll need a world class begrudger to handle 80,000,000 successful, happy returnees. I'm your woman. :D

OK, you can be head begrudger! :)

Anyone got any ideas on the best way to get as much support as we can? Need loads of members on Facebook, I reckon a good 100k could swing the momentum. Your constructive suggestions please?? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Anyone got any ideas on the best way to get as much support as we can? Need loads of members on Facebook, I reckon a good 100k could swing the momentum. Your constructive suggestions please?? :rolleyes:

Mixer truck, banner, Dail.

mikom wrote: »
    Mixer truck, banner, Dail.

Anyone else?

• Advertisement

We've 1300 members so far on the Facebook group. The moderators here don't like Facebook links, so just go to Facebook and search for 'Summer 2012' and you'll find it!

Please take the time to invite your friends along too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Why do people these days always assume setting up a facebook group will change the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

bebobook, facespace, :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Maybe you could headline this festival op? Your music reminds me of 'Can I borrow a feeling?'

Advertisement