Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD SCIENCE!!

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

There's no electives for 4th years, there never has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 matilda11

I'm currently in the middle of the Online Msc in food science, nutrition and health in UCD (offered as a two year Msc but very unrealistic to anyone with children/any commitments if working full time). It's a relatively new course(I think about 5 years old at this stage) but some modules can be disorganised and not sure of MSc standard. anyone have any idea of job prospects after this course? We have always been told 'plenty' but very little specifics and as it's online, our queries often fall on deaf ears. I am loving a lot of the course but feel they are trying to fill so much in, we will be a Jack of all trades but a Master (excuse the pun) of none. Although the title is 'Food, nutrition and health', there is a lot of chemistry and microbiology (science) which a high prior knowledge is required without being mandatory so can take a lot of work. However, although many of us have the specific interest in nutrition, we were not made aware before starting that we cannot work in this area as there is not enough pure nutrition specifically, so you can see the frustration of doing too much but lacking details. Anyone any input or ideas of benefits of this course to keep me motivated? A number of students dropping out with less than 90 cdts to restart a new masters with better reviews and job prospects.

Advertisement