Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD SCIENCE!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Fad wrote: »
    Last year was the last year you could take CS through general science, it led me to the fúcking redundant and head wrecking combination of Chemistry and Computer Science......
    Hmmm, Computational Chemistry. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Easier said than done!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Anybody in Introduction to Programming I: Anyone wanna help a brother out with the assignment? Cheers. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Ruski wrote: »
    Anybody in Introduction to Programming I: Anyone wanna help a brother out with the assignment? Cheers. ;)

What language are you doin in that one?

bigred100 wrote: »
    What language are you doin in that one?
    C++.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I reckon that's a pretty cool subject combo. I do theoretical & computational biophysics now (did TP for my undergrad), so not too far away from that. Trinity do a computational chemistry degree afaik.

C++.

Well, I can't help, we're doin C in Comp Sci.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Oh the assignment is hard! I've got it to convert uppercase to lowercase and vice-versa but I've no idea how to make it loop or display how many times its been run when I enter a full stop. :eek:

Conor108 wrote: »
    Oh the assignment is hard! I've got it to convert uppercase to lowercase and vice-versa but I've no idea how to make it loop or display how many times its been run when I enter a full stop. :eek:
    I tried putting do-which loops in and for loops. I got it working with a 'do-which' and two 'for' loops, but it prompts to enter a letter 26 times every second time. I really need to fix that but I have no idea how. Also I can't make it show the amount of times run, or making it stop when a full stop is entered. Gonna fail, mang.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I tried putting do-which loops in and for loops. I got it working with a 'do-which' and two 'for' loops, but it prompts to enter a letter 26 times every second time. I really need to fix that but I have no idea how. Also I can't make it show the amount of times run, or making it stop when a full stop is entered. Gonna fail, mang.

Yeah I've similar problems! Flipping through his powerpoints now. btw I now know who you are and I'll say hi in labs or something tomorrow if I see ya!

• Advertisement

Bump.

I realised today that we have about four weeks left until exams. That made me a bit sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Bump.

I realised today that we have about four weeks left until exams. That made me a bit sad.
    Sad that you have so little time left to study, or sad that you have to wait another gruelling month before your fantastic time off...?

Personally, I'm more inclined to think the latter.

Sad that you have so little time left to study, or sad that you have to wait another gruelling month before your fantastic time off...?

Bit of column A, bit of column B.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

So who's taking part in the cycle to Galway? Apparently the second meeting about it was on the 6th, which I missed because I assumed they'd send another email. But I'm in the cycling club who are helping out anyway. :v

So who's taking part in the cycle to Galway? Apparently the second meeting about it was on the 6th, which I missed because I assumed they'd send another email. But I'm in the cycling club who are helping out anyway. :v

I'm on the committee :)

There'll probably be another sign up meeting next Wednesday.

That's why you get C's...

Ok, just a quick belated question guys;

Does anyone know a good book (with lots of examples) that one can use for 'Calculus of Several Variables' (MATH20060)?

Also, does anyone know where I can get large documents binded? The lecturer for 'Vector Calculus' put the entire course on a 172 page file on blackboard and I want to have a hard copy.

Thanks-a-mill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Ok, just a quick belated question guys;

Does anyone know a good book (with lots of examples) that one can use for 'Calculus of Several Variables' (MATH20060)?

Also, does anyone know where I can get large documents binded? The lecturer for 'Vector Calculus' put the entire course on a 172 page file on blackboard and I want to have a hard copy.

Thanks-a-mill!!

This might help
    http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/pdf/CalcIII/CalcIII_Complete.pdf

I think the printing place in newman does binding

Chet T16 wrote: »
    This might help
    http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/pdf/CalcIII/CalcIII_Complete.pdf

I think the printing place in newman does binding

You're a star, thanks-a-trill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

You're a star, thanks-a-trill!!

No prob. Is there pdf course notes for math20060? I'm taking math20240 which seems very similar and we could swap notes

• Advertisement

Chet T16 wrote: »
    No prob. Is there pdf course notes for math20060? I'm taking math20240 which seems very similar and we could swap notes
    THE LECTURER DOESN'T GIVE A HELL OF A LOT OF NOTES IN MATH20060, THAT'S MAINLY WHY I WAS LOOKING FOR A BOOK. HE JUST GIVES A VERY SHORT SUMMATION ON EACH CHAPTER (LIKE A PAGE). ANYWAY, I FOUND A GREAT BOOK IN THE LIBRARY AN HOUR AGO TOO. IT'S CALCULUS: A COMPLETE COURSE BY ADAMS AND ESSEX (ONE COPY LEFT ON 4TH FLOOR), SO I'LL BE USING THAT IN COMBINATION WITH THAT LINK TO THE PDF YOU GAVE ME.

(SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, THE CAP LOCK ON THE COMPUTER I'M USING IS FU*CKED)

Everyone be jealous of Computer Science, getting blanked by the 1st year reps.

You know, we were having a discussion as to who would be the first to 'snap' in 2nd year computer science the other day... Today I came to the harsh realisation that it's definitely going to be me.
    bigred100 wrote: »
    That's why you get C's...
    Mainly because this shìt is never going to end.

Fùckin' mentees... :l

And dammit man, you should be the older and wiser guy who takes the high road here!

You know, we were having a discussion as to who would be the first to 'snap' in 2nd year computer science the other day... Today I came to the harsh realisation that it's definitely going to be me.

Mainly because this shìt is never going to end.

Fùckin' mentees... :l

And dammit man, you should be the older and wiser guy who takes the high road here!

Finally, the use of older and wiser has ended this.

I'm not sure who you are, bigred, but anyone who throws that C in BlandKitten's face is (maybe) an okay guy. 8D

I'm not sure who you are, bigred, but anyone who throws that C in BlandKitten's face is (maybe) an okay guy. 8D
    That's it, slap a Jack week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭amortentia

Fad wrote: »
    Last year was the last year you could take CS through general science, it led me to the fúcking redundant and head wrecking combination of Chemistry and Computer Science......

Oh no, I'm in 6th year and was really interested in doing Computer Science and Physics together :( Do you know if there's any other way to do it and if this information is definite?

As far as I'm aware Trinity offer physics and computer simulation/modeling (something like that). However, it wouldn't be anything along the lines of a Physics and Computer science duel major.

As far as I'm aware Trinity offer physics and computer simulation/modeling (something like that). However, it wouldn't be anything along the lines of a Physics and Computer science duel major.
    Uh... thanks?

• Advertisement

amortentia wrote: »
    Oh no, I'm in 6th year and was really interested in doing Computer Science and Physics together :( Do you know if there's any other way to do it and if this information is definite?

You cant do do Comp Sci and Physics together any more I'm afraid, you could take programming electives though?

It regularly doesn't get run due to lack of interest though (I have a few friends in science in TCD).

Advertisement